• 𝗔𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 ^ 🩷

A/N: This imagine is based off the song 'Attention' by Charlie Puth. It doesn't follow the lyrics exactly but it's still the inspiration behind the plot :)

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, 1990

Everything ends. It's the inevitability of life, if there is one thing you can be certain of it's that at some point it will be no more. Everything expires. I should have known then, should have put it together that my relationship would crumble too.

Nikki and I had been together for seven years, it was a long time and I was waiting for him to propose so we could get married and then eventually start a family but clearly, he didn't see that like I thought he did. I thought we were okay until one day I saw a magazine in a store with Nikki on the front looking more than a little friendly with Brandi Brandt, the playboy model.

I didn't believe it at first, I didn't want to believe it at first but it was there and it was real, and when I got back and confronted Nikki he admitted to me that he'd been seeing her for a couple of months, that they just 'had fun' but I wasn't stupid enough to fall for that. It wasn't just fun, even if it was it wouldn't be right though he must find something in her he doesn't find in me anymore or maybe never did.

She was stunning, being a playboy model she had to be perfect and how could I compare with that? With her?

Despite the fact I knew she was everything I could never be, it still ripped my heart out that Nikki did what he did. He must loved me at some point but clearly not for a while for him to do what he did. Seven years... we were together for seven years, then he just does this and leaves my life in ruins because what the hell was I supposed to do?

I didn't know and that's where Vince came in, he was my closest friend and had helped me get my life back together a little which I was eternally grateful for- it didn't fix the massive hole in my heart and the fact that I still loved Nikki.

Since breaking up, I'd been approached for interviews as people wanted to know what exactly happened as although Brandi and Nikki had been pictured together nobody was sure whether it was a mutual decision or whether he cheated and I had no issue on telling the truth because I was hurt and wanted Nikki to get some pay back.

Talking of payback, there was a party tonight, it was being thrown by Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, a friend of the Mötley guys, though is particularly good friends with Vince and Vin had invited me as his plus one to this event though I wasn't sure if I was actually going to go but Vince said if I did go then he'd be happy.

He just wanted to see me give Nikki some sweet revenge.

Vince said to go to this party and show Nikki what he's missed and to prove a point and while I was doing what he told me to do, it wasn't the only reason. I wanted to go to make Nikki chase me, hopefully anyways, that was the plan.

Vinnie had fought Nikki tooth and fucking nail when he found out what had happened between me and the bassist, he'd punched him in the face straight off the bat, something I didn't approve of but I wasn't there when it happened so couldn't even begin to stop it from happening.

The blonde was protective of me which he always had been, I'd known him for longer than I'd known Nikki, I'd been a girlfriend of one of his ex-bandmates from his old band Rockandi and we just hit it off and when I broke up with that guy I still stayed in touch with Vince.