• 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲 🩷

•❤️•

Y/N's POV, Late 1980

"Y/N.... Y/N... Y/NNNNNN!" My best friend Tommy whines while shaking me to get my attention which I wasn't giving him, but I knew he'd do this for as long as he needed too and he was quite frankly getting on my nerves a tad.

I'd known Tommy since the second to last year of middle school and he was always different from everyone else I knew, not that it's a bad thing, quite the contrary, he made me smile a lot and his different made me feel like I was home, because Tommy was the closest friend I had.

He was a drummer, had been since before we met and he had a real talent for that and has been in a couple of bands playing a few small venues around the last year or so... until he quit his band a couple of months ago, after finding a new musical partner with a vision Tommy believed in and backed totally and utterly.

"What, Tom?" I huff.

A bright grin spread on the boys lips when I answered him, poking me in the shoulder "Will you meet him today? Please? I've been asking for weeks and you never say yes."

"Why do you want me to meet him so bad?"

"Because were in a band together now dude and you're my best friend. You're gonna have to meet him eventually anyway so I want you to meet him as soon as possible."

Okay, context- Tommy was hellbent on getting me to meet the guy he had recently joined this new musical venture with, a man by the name of Nikki Sixx, he was a few years older than Tommy and therefore myself too, but it wasn't anything drastic. Tommy and Nikki met through a mutual friend and because talking to people is second nature to Tommy, he swept Nikki up and they bonded over music pretty quickly from what Tommy told me about their first interaction the day after it happened.

He was in some kind of state of awe because Nikki had been in a fairly big band on the strip named London, and Tommy liked the band and had seen them multiple times though I'd never bothered to join him, yet now he was adamant me, his best friend and Nikki, his new band mate and best friend meet and get to know each other.

I met the drummers eyes and gave him a look "Does Nikki even want to meet me?"

"Yeah, he just hopes you're not like me cause he said he couldn't handle two of me and I told him not to worry, we're totally different so I think he was relieved about it and I can't tell if that's a good thing or not actually." Tommy said pouting a little as he averted his eyes from me and thought about it.

"It's both I think. It shows you're unique." I reason with a shrug then decide to just agree to Tom's request, because I will admit I was curious about Nikki, given the way Tommy gushed over him "I'll meet Nikki if it'll make you happy and make you shut the fuck up, but if we don't get along don't be too disheartened about it."

"I won't be, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm seeing him tonight, we're trying to flesh a few songs out, you can come with me." The boy beams, ecstatic that I'd agreed, Tommy really was a ray of sunshine and I loved that about him.

"I was meant to be going out with friends tonight..." I started but then saw the disapproving look I was getting and grumble "Guess I'm not anymore then."

"It'll be worth it, trust me. You'll love Nikki!"

"I better do after all the hype you've been giving him."