65 | a new step

Miliani's POV

"You're coming with us" what!? My brain stopped working. Did I hear him correct? Jacub Daniels, the Mafia boss was telling me to go with him.

"Where? Why?" The feeling of dread was slowly burning into one filled with Rage. What do they want from me? I shifted in bed, a little hiss left my lips when the bruise on my back touched the pillow while I was trying to sit up. Two arms went around my back and pulled me up until I was comfortable in my position. I looked up to meet a pair of silvers.

He pulled back and walked away, creating enough distance for me to not lose myself into him.

"To the raven house" he said, I got confused. I have never heard of something closer to the place he has said. Sure there have been shady places in the downtown but raven house? I have never heard of it.

"You are coming to the house with us" he suddenly stood up from the bed. "I'm afraid we have some unfinished business. Maybe an alley to form to catch Grey" my eyes snapped up to meet his. A smile was slowly forming on his lips. He was looking gleeful, twinkling eyes and a happy smile, like he was genuinely happy to have met me. He was looking like I could give him the elixir of life.

But that didn't mean I was ready to go anywhere. "I am not going" if he thinks he could just come at my house and order me to follow him like all his men than he's wrong. I am noone to obey him or his orders. My defiance was not only because I didn't want to go but it was also because the guy he's after has taken so much from me that I can't afford to lose anything in order to make him kneel.

Grey should be dead but not in my expense.

"You don't have a choice in this my love" the words were coated in sweet honey but the meaning behind them held the bitterness.

"I have" I smiled, now that I know he needs me and that I'm important in what his plan is I'm going to use that in my leverage.

"You are in my house, standing in my room and asking for my help. Do you really think I don't have a choice?" This time the confidence was palpable.

"I see... You're trying to find an upper hand in this situation" a small scoff.

"Nope" I shook my head. "I am only telling you that you are the one with the need and I can fulfill it. So you have no choice other than listening to me" my mood has severely gone down since I got home from the hospital. It's like a spiral that only knows how to go down.

"Very well than" he clasped his hands in front of him and bent down to my eyes level.

"I'll give you whatever you need if you come with me to the raven house"

"I'm not a kid. I don't ask, I demand and right now all I demand is for you to leave my house" the small frown in-between his brows was a Telltale that he was getting angry.

"Mili don't" a squeaky Ailee said from behind all of the guys in the room. Her spatula was now lowered and eyes were filled with fear. She was looking pale and the only reason why I was not going to her was because my back was killing me. She looked scared.

"Your friend's right," he leaned forward. "Don't test me. I've been patient with you this whole time. Don't make me regret it. " I could hear the threat lying under his voice.

"You either accept my offer or get yourself killed. The choice is yours" my eyebrows furrowed at his threat. Is he really going to kill me?

"Step back, Jacub" Caim said, coming in-between me and Jacub like a shield protecting me. he finally said something after staying quite for too long. My eyes watched his back, as the muscles rippled underneath his shirt, he was tensed, irritated, angry...very angry.