Chapter 17 - Tied

Thump, thump, thump.

I hear the echo of my heart in my ear drums, the hammering within my chest has become too painful to withstand, softly blowing out a staggered breath I swallow thickly and close my eyes. Deep breaths, deep breaths, silently I recite the montage in my mind hoping it'll slow down the excessive beats. I can feel him staring at me, bad enough he is sitting right next to me, with the windows slightly rolled down on his side, the wind from the moving car hits his body bringing the scent of tropical coconuts to my nose, secretly I inhale a greedy amount of the essence that brough me down from my high, yet cringed considering it was the same essence I was smelling In my so called dream.

He is quick, I should have known that from when he was head to head with the mountain Lion that time ago, Rowans grandmother and Jim giggling at the front of the car makes me turn my head towards then from the window, Although the action is almost sickening watching one of his hand disappear somewhere on her legs as she giggles lowly occasionally taking peaks at us in the back, I still preferred to divert my eyes anywhere but my left side.

Still many unanswered questions, she fits right into society, she did explain how she has lived this life before so that takes care of that, Rowan however did not, why was he here now? It was like playing 21 questions when I was trying to persuade him to come with me, so clearly, he isn't here for me. I turn my head back to the window to hide the pain that's threatening to take over my expression. This would be the scene in my Wattpad book that the female would go over a sad montage in her mind or a scene in one of those romance movies where a sad song plays and the main character looks out the window, with everything going downhill in my life it was only Rowan that pained me more.

Staring out the window I watched the patterns go by staring into nothing in particular, house, tree, grass and repeat. The weather portrays my emotions perfectly, though still ice cold out the sun has peeked thawing out the snow on the road smoothing out the surface. Usually I love when the road is smooth and clear, helps me with my main character montage, but mentally I am just not feeling it, Rounding the corner to the court house It finally hit me that Rowan will now know where I live, before I could roll my eyes I caught the sight of the news anchor van along with tons of people and reporters swarming the steps, my heart lunged to the scene, a lot of reporters mean something, they signify someone In power, and with the fresh story of Kevin being detained and his father on a hunt I don't even need to guess twice who will walk out of those large white doors.

Closing my eyes, I quickly turn away sinking deeper into my seat hoping it would absorb me within, though it hasn't been that long since Kevins detainment I just know the darkness spewing for revenge is deep. I'm not the one who kicked his ass, but I just know I am going to be involved with this somehow. This would have never happened hadn't it been for Cameron, In the end money was the answer to everything, as long as there is a price, there is a way.

I lost.

All this because of ... Justine, who is out right now with Her boyfriend while I will have to hide from the world for a while a lone, I felt defeated, how can I write a book when someone is writing my life? I can't even predict what the next chapter is going to be. Something tickles my ears and I felt something wet drop on my thigh, the water from my tears soaks into my jeans darkening the navy-blue material with the tiny wet stain. I was crying? I can't cry, at least I don't know how to cry softly they always turn into sobs, quickly I begin wiping my eyes hastily before they become uncontrollable, distracting my thoughts with the giggles of the elderly couple up front did nothing, I'm ready to fall apart.

Closing my eyes to wipe away another tear I felt it than, a warm Calloused hand gently wrapping around my shoulder bringing my closer to a warm heat, the only touch I have never coward away from, a hand gently cups my cheek holding partial of my head up, once more the essence of man and coconuts flows through my nostrils reducing the negativity as I let my body fall, slowly I open my eyes, already they land on the blue, I'm hypnotized.