Chapter 38 - Confronting.

Tanikas POV

Right off the bat, the sound of her high-pitched voice not only irritated me but made my ears bleed. I can already see her every flaw, no human being is perfect indeed, but I could see right through her facade.

Long midnight hair drapes her mini back side even though it's in a high ponytail, it lays back perfectly, I'm reminded of a doll from her porcelain skin and red lipstick.

"Hey," Jane says, I could see her true happiness that she's trying to suppress, I'm proud she is trying to hold her ground rather than let her emotions rise to the surface.

Scrunching her brows Justine placed her bags down in confusion, "aren't you going to give me a hug Or something? I nearly flew up the stairs trying to get to you."

No signs of sweat or out of breath, I can already guess that wasn't true.

"Oh no, are you ok? Come here?"

I want to facepalm my self but it isn't janes fault, she still has a long way to go to be able to stand her ground. "I missed you so much, I have so much to tell you."

Immediately it's about her and not about how Jane has been for the past days, I scoffed loudly letting my presence be known, in silence they both turn to me.

"Ah! This must be Tanika, I am so happy your still here now I can finally meet you properly." As much as I would rather upper cut her, for Janes sake I allow it while She goes in for a hug. A very tight hug. She doesn't let go until I slightly pat her back. Jane on her corner thanking me.

"Wow, your so beautiful up close, all that melanin" she whispers.

"Excuse me?" The word claws out before I could swallow it again. My demeanor and tone didn't help my case either, even she noticed my hostility and quickly apologized.

"Uh, I met Tanika from my shop." I watch Jane's eyes shoot to the sky in question, I just knew she forgot about it, having been so busy cleaning up a mess she didn't cause.

"Oh that's amazing let me go freshen up and we'll have a girls night if your interested Tanika" they all glanced toward me waiting for an answer but all I could do is give her a death glare.

"Uh that sounds cool, I need to talk to you tho." Jane quickly says to clear the air.

"Yes of course," her face soft and genuine but I could see the thick swallow, "I'll be right back," my eyes trailed down to her body, cute attire but I caught a glimpse of something? Did she have a heavy meal? Her stomach looked a little round, but than again I didn't know the girl personally to make any judgment.

On my left Jane breathed out a heavy breath "I need a drink," I heard her mutter, I know that isn't what she meant.

"No, you want Rowan, so far having him here helps you with a lot." With The past days I already knew her coping mechanisms, and Rowan played a big part of it, Justine in the other hand I could say not really.

Letting my words linger she sighed "Thank you for -"

"Don't thank me, I'm not doing this for any other reason but to not go off on her, explain yourself tonight Jane, stand your ground and don't let your voice go soft. Once it's cleared off your chest, Than come back and thank me, but for now I'll keep my distance." I quickly cut her off. Sometimes I wish some people knew me enough on a personal level to know when I'm being a bitch or genuine, but after what I've been through I'd prefer to be whatever they wanted as long as they stayed away. Jane didn't deserve that, she didn't ask for this mess, she's just too naive to realize she's being played.