Chapter 18 - Break

"Jane?" I hear my name being sung in the distance, disoriented and gravely. Hopefully if I ignore it, I can return to the sleepy feel.

"Jane" the feminine voice returned followed by a poke of a cold finger on my cheek, groaning I move my face away from the source.

"Jane, wake up go to bed" a nudge on my shoulder.

"Stop" my voice groggy slightly opening my eyes to a blurry porcelain figure with jet black hair.

Why was she bothering me? she would have just let me be and grabbed a blanket to cover me.

"Should I get the hot water?" came a masculine voice in the background. In a fraction of second my eyes shot up, the sudden move made me wince seeing as to how much light I was exposed to, it was like my eyes were being sliced open echoing in my head.

"See, I told you that would work."

That sarcasm, the masculine voice seemed annoyed, Philip? just the thought of him my heart lurched in fear, not even a second thought as I flung my eyes open on alert. Blurred vision battles on its own organizing the colors until they clear up to a worried Justine and a very boorish Philip.

Hands in his pockets as he stood in front of the closed door eyeing me in distain, there is a darkness spewing around him, I shiver from the temperature I'm scared.

I grip onto something soft and fluffy, upon glance I see it's a pillow, where was Rowan?

"Jane hon, go to bed, you need to rest." Justine steps into my view blocking out the scary man behind her.

"So exactly how old is she to be spoken to like a child?" Philip interrupts

"Let me talk to my friend thank you." Justine rolls her eyes.

Where did Rowan go? Barely even fully awake I search as much as my movements can take.

"Your home babe, I'm sure it was just a dream" she breaths, softly rubbing my arm.

When did he leave? Why did he leave? I'm scared, Was I sleeping here all alone? He just got up and left me again, why did I even bother trusting him, was my door even locked? Each Unanswered Question that run franticly bounce around in my brain, the headache that it caused was quickly approaching.

"Just go to bed love, Philip will get you some water".

"No" me and him never agreed on anything more than we are now; both our voices fill the air as we roared in sync. The headache that's approaching will kick my ass tonight, but anything is better than accepting a 'kind gesture' from him.

How do I know he won't spit, gargle or something on his way over. I won't risk the bacteria, Justine stands and storms toward Philip who moved his hand from his pockets, bracing himself for the angry Romanian headed his way. Moving the pillow away from my hand my palm touched the couch while placing my legs in the floor, I come in contact with something wet and warm, oh God was I drooling on him? Thats why he left. Moving my hand away my heart lurched at something, a tear drop sized dark red liquid that soaked its way onto the couch still leaving the wet feel, was that blood?

Testing the theory, I discreetly lifted my hand to my face, the tips of my fingers were lazily smeared in blood outline my fingerprints. Was that my blood? My heart rate is set ablaze when I saw another smear just at the end of the couch where someone's thigh would be, leaning in It was then I saw it, the tiny trails of blood that led straight to my room.

What the?

"Alright, I will bring you water Jane" he doesn't even hide his annoyance as his deep voice shook me to the bone. What was he bringing me again? With my mind now in a completely different time zone "Ye-yea" I respond not even bothering to glance towards him but to the Romanian figure that is right in front of him, daring me to say 'No'.