Chapter 42 - The Dinner 2/3

Long chapter ahead guys sorry!
Also going forward I'll be typing the native language in English. ❤️

The food was getting harder to swallow, I'm not one to believe in stereotypes especially judging an entire country because of two people, did I have stares in Germany? Scratch that I did. But it's nothing compared to the penetrating glares of the two individuals that sit at both ends of me. Though I have no social skills, their expressions and demeanor were easy to make out; the large jungle man that sits beside me incapable of keeping his hands to himself sends me a glare of hunger, almost as if he can't wait to get me alone, however though there were still flames surrounding him, my guess would be a fully horny apex predator.

However, the elder woman that sits on the opposite side of me things weren't sunshine and rainbows, at least that my assumption. She is the one who invited me to this dinner and yet I get the cold shoulder from her the most, the only noise was that of Jim laughing at his own jokes. Maybe I haven't complimented her home yet? Or anything at all and just dug into her food.

Thickly swallowing the food to clear my throat, "This food is very delicious." I smile.

Finally blinking away, "Thank you dear, I had the most expensive chef make this for me to please our guest tonight."

Oh my, she didn't have to do all that, I smiled so hard I thought my cheeks would tear, "Oh, thank you, well he is truly the best I think I might hire him." I laughed.

The water she sipped on almost spilled with her chuckle, "He only works for the elite love, but I could give you other recommendations." taking a towel to pad the dripping beads of liquid from her lips, I noticed a black ring on her finger before she tucked her hand away, and what the fuck did she just say?

Awkwardly smiling peering my attention back to the food that I suddenly no longer wanted "Oh, that'd be lovely".

Rowans fingers trailed higher causing me to shiver silently. "Please keep your actions to a minimum," all eyes peered to the source, her eyes on her food but the agitation in her mood were evident. Rowan's hands slowly move away yet they linger sensually before they were lifted away completely, I couldn't help but silently whisper from his missing touch.

"Jane dear, please give provide space, a young woman must give a man their space to eat."

"I - uh"

"Please" she smiles dismissively.

I'm not the one who even sat this close, yet I am in her home and want to argue no further, the farthest I am from Rowan, the closer I got to her, she kept glaring at me until rowan was an arm length away, however now I'm right onto her she isn't going to say anything? realizing I'm right above her food, "Oh uh I'm - "

"Please, remain where you are" she speaks darkly sending a maniacal glare to me "Rowan needs to eat" she smiled softly. Once more Jim interlocks his fingers into hers with furrowed brows, by now the maids have caught onto the cold demeanor and sent soft looks my way.

A thick silence before we were all taken back by the deep thick rumble of rowans voice. "I'm the one that came closer to her, and you know it, stop messing with my girl, don't let me speak to you again grandma." The only word I picked up was Grandma, I think Oma is grandma. But I couldn't decipher what else he was saying.

Shaking her head disapprovingly "You never used to speak to me like that," she huffs after speaking. "Is it all because you are too infatuated by her? Of all the women that I have set you up with that have better chances of making you happy in life and you choose her?"