Chapter 58 - Uncanny.

*Flashback* Jane, Tanika and Detective in the car leaving the gym.

"So, Cameron's father has officially stepped in ... you know what that means. Don't you Jane?"

Shrugging my shoulders, "What, that they are definitely on to me now and that each and every move I take is monitored." Tanika and the detective glance at each other with smirks.

"Jane, hear yourself girl, you cornered Cameron, now his father needs to step." she smiles. thick lips stretching genuinely as she looks at me.

"That's not any better, I can already tell his father is scarier, each level of the game has a different level."

"But have you actually ever played those games? there is always a cheat code to destroying each one after the last."

Detective Jalapeno fully turns to her, starry eyed and red faced while he looked at Tanika, and she looks back, for the first time I saw her smile a bright one incapable of holding his glare, light brown skin turning a blush red. A chemistry in their eyes while I looked awkward glancing back at the two. "Uh, I don't play video games." I say awkwardly.

"Like father like son, right? this dinner we need to pay full close attention to him, you two focus on his words I focus on the body language. One thing criminal's have in common, they manage to slip up when you have struck a nerve and their true colors start slipping out."

I watch Tanika's brow furrow in question before diverting her eyes somewhere else in thought. "Hey Jane." she breathes quizzically.

"Mmmmm, yea."

Glancing to the detective "I'll tell you when we get home." her brows still furrowed, unsure of something.

"Whatever it is, I might have an answer" he chimes. A hand on the steering wheel while he gestures in the air.

"It's not important, it's probably just my mind being unsure, but we need to get home and change, I'm not going nowhere fancy smelling like mustard and booty cheeks".

Detective Jollof Rice chuckled thickly, Adams apple throbs slowly. As always, his side profile was heavenly while flashing his pearly whites.

"You can turn here."

Smoothly he maneuvers the steering wheel to our turn, everything he did was smooth, just like a certain individual that popped up in my head, I want to see him again. My brows suddenly furrowed with the thought of Rowan ... wait Rowan? didn't I see him already?

No, Detective Japanese eggplant is still alive, and my pussy is still intact, odd I felt like I just saw him but -

"Corazon's, I need to know something." Tanika and I turn to his stern voice. In thought he looks back, amusement and smile gone. "Tanika," he breathes, "The last thing I want is to keep bringing in any more people into this investigation with me, I still can't sleep at night knowing I put Jane in harm's way. You have brought me right to the source of everything I needed, I can handle this on my own for the rest of the time being. I would love to have you both at the dinner however and then you are free to go on your way." his accent prominent with a deep voice.

"Understand that they will try and strike it where it hurts, they like to stir up fires and watch from a far, Jane you know full well just how Cameron can get when he is angry, sadly you had to witness it firsthand a small amount, there is a big possibility he will be there tonight."

Tanika furrows her brows in question "Isn't he in somewhere Europe?

"He'll take a flight that'll get him here quickly once he gets a call from his father, it seems he is always looking for his approval."