Chapter 45 - Riddled.

Y'all sorry for the wait! I'm currently working on the second trilogy of the caveman series! I'm excited for y'all to see it, a sneak peek and the characters will be dropped this Friday!!

This is still Obtuse's POV so be nice to the old woman loll.

For all those years I made sure to remain discreet, living with the constant paranoia that one day I'll be searched for and found by a mob of people. I still had the spiraling questions each day, what is society like these days? It's been so long since I stepped foot onto the hard railroad grounds, I grew accustomed all over again to the forest of my youth.

Nothing much has changed, everyone that grew up around me has long passed or left, leaving behind preadolescents of kids that need the proper guidance, and adults with no clue of the real world. My modern era skills and medical knowledge helped me become a leader of my people, it felt good to be relied on, it felt good to be needed, this was the power I sought out in the modern generation and failed miserably. Back into my little hut I go, cowering away from any consequences out in the world, damning myself to spend the remainder of my days in hiding.

"Need any help?" Rowans deep gruff voice never seizes to amaze me, how the times have gone, his mother would have been amazed seeing just how much he has grown and the man he has morphed into, completely towering over my height with pure muscles and beauty. I have finally shaped him to the men that need to be roaming the streets and caring for women in need.

"No, I am ok thank you." I smile at him dismissively, incapable of keeping his penetrative stare. Although his deep blue eyes held a glare of power, it was his unbelievable resemblance to his mother. Deep blue orbs with the volumes of lashes that fan his cheeks with every blink, he was a man, he stole his father's physique, but karma gave him his mother's face to remind me of how evil I was selfishly ending my daughter's life for my own personal gain, it was best Rowan never knew about his mother, a secret I will take to the grave with me.

Near the tree I buried her, it was her favorite place to be, near nature.

I have gotten much older, and it is beginning to show, soon I will not have any time left and will diminish under grown and into the arms of the devil I go, but for now I will atone and give my grandson everything he needs and wants.

My anger and impulsiveness are what I lacked and thus received grave consequences. From the tree he lays, by my side he remains, every day he wakes up and does the same thing repeatedly, I could see he wanted more, and the more is what I was afraid to give him until he picked up a new hobby.

"There are people walking our woods." he once told me, an ecstatic expression while he heaved happily finally seeing something new. And indeed, we would spot them together, families of all diversities. My oh my, seeing them made me miss the real world all over again, but this time I knew better, it was his treat, I watched him watch them every day, looking out for them as if some God that protected those. His happiness was beginning to be my favorite thing until a faithful day came. There I saw them, three young adults from afar, a man and two women, it was nothing new until I watched my grandson cast a certain look towards one of them.

This was no ordinary look, I remembered that look well, that was the look of longing. But to which one? Was it the man? Or one of the girls? From afar behind the bushes I remained, watching them go by one of them caught my eye, a dark complexion with wide tight curls in a sports bra and black leggings, she seemed to be the most annoyed, yet highly inquisitive.

"Justine, can we pause? I think my asshole is going to fall off?" what an awful idiom. Her voice was soft yet loud, I admired her complexion, she indeed was a beauty, her sweat glistening her body. Peering up from above I watch Rowan cast her glances before diverting his attention to the porcelain girl with black hair. All in all, this group caught his attention so much so, he hasn't realized he was following them from afar, maybe it was a youth thing, and he just wants friends, everyone in the village was older or younger and completely different.