Chapter 54- Have we met?

My neck cranes upwards to look at him, creamy complexion glistens from the sweat of his work out while a thick steam follows him, if I had glasses, I would have tried to wipe them. Blue orbs locked on me as he smiled gently, "Apologies, we have met before, at my church, correct?" Voice, smooth and deep, while he stretched his muscular veined arm to me.

Yes, we indeed have met at the church, but never did I think he looked at me, than the scene played in my mind of my mother pointing me out, the nursing home she goes. "Yes, uh at the church." I smile extending mine. Large man hands swallow my tiny paws, I felt my brain rattle from his handshake, brief and firm, he turned his attention to Tanika, extending his hands to hers, I don't remember if she shook his hand or not, my vision blurred and so did the sound while I studied his features. His aura was rich, very handsome. But there was something familiar about him, my eyes trailed down until I caught sight of a large print nearly brushing his knees.

Okay eyes back up. Let's not Ogle over Cameron's father.

"I never had the chance of speaking with you, to welcome you into the church, normally my wife and I invite new members to dinner, but we did not get a chance to meet you last time." I could drown in his voice, blue orbs so intent.

"That's very nice of you, but I -"

"Please do not tell me you will reject my offer; I will be hurt." he cocks his head to the side, it's like he was hiding a smirk.

Hurt, that is something I wish I could inflict on his son, but rejecting his father would still hit the spot, anything to stay away from these people. Especially since I will be seeing them in court soon. "I - uh - I don't know what to say." For reassurance I turn to Tanika who hasn't said anything yet. Hopefully she has an answer, however she was studying him to.

So, we can both agree that there is something familiar about this man?

"How about you say yes to meeting me and my wife at the Carbon on Thompson St? dinner is on me, and please bring your mother and friends." he smiles eyeing me and Tanika. Did detective Jackson 5 disappear or something? his presence was not even acknowledged. Face red while he emanates steam, the evidence of a heavy workout. This is new, was this kindness? since the beginning of my whole fiasco with his son it was strange seeing a new attitude. Has he been left out in the dark? or is Cameron holding back information? Though my attention was never on him in the first encounter I can't make a clear judgment, but I can tell there is a difference in attitude and approach.

One of them blends in, while the other lurks in the shadows.

I fight the urge to not rub my nape while Tanika and I exchange glances. "I guess it's - "

"Perfect, you just made me a very happy man." his smile was so wide I thought his eyes would disappear. Ivory white teeth displaying while he claps his hands together.

"Let's say tonight?"

"Tonight, oh I uh" My stuttering is really starting to irritate me. No wonder everyone takes advantage.

With his hands still clasped he slightly leans in curiously with a questionable gaze "I hope I am not troubling you of your plans later on?"

What the hell am I doing later on? nothing I ain't got no life, my gosh I need to pick up a hobby "I'm not busy but my friend -" I don't get to finish my sentence before his eyes were already locked on Tanika's. For the first time I could see her stance slightly falter before she regains herself.

"Any friend of yours is a friend of mine's, please let me treat you lovely ladies to dinner, I would love to get to know more about my son's friends." my blood ran cold when he turned his head back to me, I didn't like how his voice lowered. I swear his eyes are turning darker, even with the blasting speakers of the gyms music I swore there was a silence.