Chapter 28 - feels.

Car rides are normally therapeutic for me, something about the passing trees and the cool wind that blows in my face bring me a calm state of mind, the glowing red and yellow lights glowing in the darkness with falling snow gives me Christmas aesthetic vibes, seeing society at peace for the first time almost kind of does something to you.

I can't stand it.

For the twentieth time my eyes diverted to my rearview mirror, "that car has been following us for a while."

"Thats because it's a one way" he groaned, I know he's annoyed with me, but I just couldn't help it, Finally I breathed seeing the car move from behind us and zoomed by once we get on a four-way street.

I've long accepted my jittery feelings when entering anywhere with too much grass or steep looking trees, heaven knows I don't even dare enter the backyard of the apartment.

Now, I am constantly having to turn my attention frantically to watch out for my own species, Human beings are already dangerous by nature everyone should know this by now, but when there is a mark on you, Life suddenly feels like you're living in a bubble.

"Relax, I told you nothing was going to happen to you as long as I am here,"

"That would be lovely to hear, too bad you're going to leave me once you drop me off at my destination."

A dark shimmer went through his eyes, -- was that the passing street lights? "If me leaving you is going to be your main concern, I'd be more than happy to -"

"Thank you, Detective John, I'll take my chances"

He chuckles deeply before clearing his throat "He must be lucky"

"What?"

"That man, he must be lucky"

"What man?"

"The one your heart solely beats for"

Was this another one of his horrible poetic attempts? "What are you saying"

"I don't mean to boast but I am a very irresistible man, yet I'm ashamed to admit that my charms, they didn't work on you. I could see it in your eyes back in the apartment, what you're enduring for the people you love"

"I wouldn't say I love him, just -"

"Just what?"

I'm caught off guard by the sudden change in conversation, although it is just me and him in his car, my anxiety levels right now can't fathom, "maybe I am infatuated by Rowan, he did save my life, not once but twice actually, and has been my sense of comfort for a while."

That and the spontaneous monstrous sex.

I stare at his side profile, Hoping the answer I gave him was enough, maybe it was the small Ferrari that made him appear smaller, it practically folded him hiding his intimidating height, -- than again I am a shorty - the gripping of the steering wheel made me turn my eyes towards his stoic expression, I completely went off topic. His face relaxed, yet stoic, before he suddenly creeped in a smile, even from the side view his smile was beautiful. I wasn't ready to hear his dark chocolate chuckle.

"You just continue to amaze me bebe querida" like a playboy he lets his head sway not looking at me in the eyes, ahh, this is the bad boy aesthetic, they give you short answers and a mysterious attitude luring you in.

"what's so funny?" crap it worked.

"Your just too predictable, it's your emotions that overtake that strong character inside, this guy, I'm sad to say, plays a big deal in your life,"