Chapter 68 - Reap.

Justine's POV

"Ready to go little mouse?"

My mother spews in our native tongue as she dug her slender fingers into my silky hair massaging my scalp —A silent attempt to win me over—.

Moving is always the hardest part of my life, my father yet again dispatched to a new country. For one final time I look around the empty home, nearly brought to tears. Six years this time, wasn't bad.

I thought I could raise my hopes up this time, but I knew better. Nothing lasts forever and there is nothing I take with me to my grave when my time has come, My mother taught me.

The friends I made on this journey, the school, playground and plans I had for the future have all diminished the second the sound of the front door came to a click.

I wipe a tear, but the others soon followed uncontrollably. Soon my porcelain skin was painted in red from the excessive tears I cried. Glancing around the current cul-de-sac that will bury in the back of my memories, I notice than two little girls my age running around in the park. Screaming, laughing and just full of Joy, never knowing what it's like to not be able to experience an unstable childhood, not concerned whether or not growing up together would even be promised.

Though it isn't of his control, I couldn't help but direct My anger to my father and mother. With tears blurring my eyes I watch my old home fade; shrinking further and further away before disappearing from sight.

Another Goodbye, farewell to my school, teachers and friends. I'll soon be a distant memory to them as time goes on.

Once more I have to face my fear, fear of being forgotten.

I vowed to myself that day, never get attached ever again. No sense of crying over anyone anymore, nothing will truly last.

It was easier to live that way.

I was my parents one and only, no sibling or cousin of my age. Only friend that I have been taught were family, and my mother and I were best friends despite the age gaps and different thought process, she made it easier for my life at home but I knew she couldn't protect me for too long, I need to stand on my own two feet.

Suck it up, they are doing this to provide the best life for you.

Silently each passing day I recite a message to myself, temporarily subsiding the pain until I become a full grown adult. I will have my own free will and choose my own path. My own promise to myself, Holding onto that message ightly as time sped by.

Eight other homes came and went and so did the friends I established. I became stoic and hollow of my surroundings not even bothering to make an attempt, everything I needed was at home with my mom - until that changed.

A very unfortunate day and the saddest memory of my life.

Just any other regular routine, study, eat and repeat, all seemingly going well. Yet a particular day I felt something a miss, a boiling anxiety crawling in my veins leaving and comfortable heat in its tracks. The sky was the first sign that gave it away, the usual blinding sun was hidden behind clouds, clear blue sky darkened to gray in the distance.

Strange to see such whether in what is called 'The Sunshine state'.

Throughout the day that feeling never eluded me occupying my mind with the possibility of bad news.