Chapter 15 - Light?

There was a time in my life where I always felt like my prayers were not answered, hopeless, weak and just meant to always be at the back of the line, Wattpad has always been my escape to feel like a princess that deserves to be saved by a prince and shining armor, reading many stories about characters that describe women like me and that look like me became my uplifting, it sent me all messages that we can have a voice too, we deserve to be just as safe and loved as all the other women in the world.

All my mistakes had consequences, and those consequences have brought me more near-death experiences than I could count. Life was supposed to end for me back than with that mountain lion, I wasn't supposed to be here, and yet there I was facing yet another obstacle. every day I promised the High and Mighty I would change If I was able to live another day, yet who am I kidding? screwing up is natural to me.

But this time my Lord I promise, let me live and I will change, a silent prayer I spoke to myself before my last moments come.
Squeezing my eyes shut waiting for the blade to impale me, however it never did, a strained grunt filled my head then, sounds like he's wrestling someone ... and losing.

"Move away from her or I'll call the police." Was heard from a far.

I wanted to cringe at that statement, however that voice, elegant and sultry, where have I heard it before? Painfully familiar. A sudden chill is bestowed upon me, Kevin's flames have disappeared from me and so did his frame that planted itself upon me for support of keeping me balanced, trembling uncontrollably, I wound up tumbling to my knees, hitting the ground I decided to take a peek.

Through darkness I see Kevin being tossed around until he lands flatly on his stomach, wincing from the hard thud I caught a figure just above him, the silhouette of a large man. Though it could have been anyone, the physique definition of his body was all too familiar, my vision struggles to remain as I watch Kevins grunt and try to move but the man's strength was overpowering.

Upon analyzing the scene with squinted eyes my heart leaps at something, the man above Kevin slightly turns his head towards me, an act so innocent yet my heart rate skyrocketed, even in the darkness I could see just how well defined he was, a familiar feeling kicks in, he is waiting for something, I can't see him but it seems he could see me, I can feel him looking at me with an emotion I couldn't describe ... Is what I am assuming, because I can't see shit.

A shift catches My eyes, like a fox Kevin sneakily slides the knife from one hand to the other quickly grabbing it and with on swift movement to the right the blade pierced right through the man's thigh, astonishingly not even a grunt or a cry of pain as the man ceased Kevins wrist and with a sickening crack Kevins voice was heard beyond the walls, a shriek so loud it made me cringe deeply closing my eyes, surges of pain shoots my brain readying me for the migraine of a lifetime, I want to run but I can't move, all the pain from earlier hitting me at once, as if my vision was dark enough, I can't even feel my eyelids opening and closing at all, I'm scared.

Rowan, please save me. At times like this, I still think of him.

"Relax dear its ok," that delicate voice comes behind me, the soundless approach made me slightly jump, soft cold hands hold my shoulder steady, that smell, that voice, that comfort, this safety, was it my mom? I'm too weak to laugh. Someone came to save me, I am alright.

***

There are scuffling sounds all around me.

"Jane?!" ... Beep, beep, beep.

Who is that screaming in slow motion?

"Jane!" ... Beep, beep, beep.

Is that a heart monitor? just as the thought came my eyes fly open to a beaming light above, a sharp electrifying pain flies through my brain causing me to wince, groaning at the painful, achy, heavy sensation of my face and bones. I am soar; everything hurts.