Chapter 56 - Itch.

The scenery of the restaurant was something I would find on Pinterest, shimmering colors of Gold and white I could see my reflection on the floor of the polished tiles on the floor, curved double stairs of marble until they become one at the top with a large window and the view of the setting sun. Architectures of Roman Gods with their heads down bowing to what looked like Christ, Jesus Christ and flying angels. Each way I looked only seemed to get more and more beauty, it's like I walked into the scene of Belle and the beast when they had their first dance. I suddenly recited the first sentence in my mind.

'Tail as old as time.' 

So, this is what it looks like when you eat like a king. I feel my back slightly brushed leading us to the host, dressed neatly in a collard white shirt with a gold vest. "Hello, we are with -"

"Ahh yes, right this way." Professional and clear as he gestures towards a couple of men to come and take us. "Please enjoy your dinner tonight." he smiles and nodded before regaining his professionalism. Eyes back on his task.

Laughter and conversation are what we pass by. The women seductively eyeing the detective in front, while the men's eyes lingered on my body and Tanika's. I always hated walking by people, I feel like they are talking about me. Suddenly I could hear my mother's voice. 'Stand straight and look ahead, let yourself be the topic of conversation.' But what if it's not in a good way mother? I rolled my eyes. The men stop in front of us, and I almost walked right into him before Detective Jimmy Johns arm held became my barrier, holding me back. 

I can feel my face cringe hard, but just closed my eyes. This would have really given people stuff to talk about.

"Right this way sir," a few steps down we rounded to a red curtain, still visible to the public eye. There he stood in all white a red tie tucked in with he sent us a smile.

"Welcome, I hope the place was to your liking."

Well technically you chose the place, "Yes, it's beautiful thank you." Tanika chimed in when I looked away from his eyes, all I can see is Rowan and building up the guilt.

"Lovely," his smile faded when he spotted the detective but regained it to showcase his wife. "This is my wife, Christine." he watched her like a prize, face blushing as she stood in an all-black sleeveless dress that closed with gold pearls around her neck, blonde hair fell perfectly in large curls with matte lipstick on her plump lips. It's like she didn't even try and yet still managed to be gorgeous, slender body with slightly tanned complexion. But with all of that radiance there was only one thing I could see; those forest green orbs were passed down to the one and only.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance." Voice crystal and of pure silk. Radiant was her energy and humbled, she didn't choose this life, the life chose her. The female version of Cameron, he stole his mother's face and eyes, I bite my tongue to not call out the astonishing resemblance.

In a whisper I managed to speak, her soft palms connecting with mine. "Thank you for having us."

"Oh, love your cold." eyes furrowing in question while both her palms try to warm me up.

"She was kind of in the middle of a heated moment and needed to cool off." 

they furrow their brows in question, I was having a panic attack and was about to melt like frosty the snowman but planted my body against the blowing AC for short. "Uh, yea it's kind of hot outside and I was a bit nervous." I laugh.

their eyes widen in understanding. "Ah, it's ok sweety, we don't bite."

"At least not hard enough to fear us" Cameron's father laughed before Christine nudged his shoulders playfully. They looked like any ordinary wife and husband playing around.