Chapter 62 - Old Money.

Like stepping onto a fairly land where all my Disney dreams have come true, my mouth parts as the car rounds to the main driveway, I lean in from the passenger seat to peer up at the tall gates of Beauty and the Beast castle but gold encrusted part open slowly. Lined up in rows of two the staff dressed in black white greet us with a bright smile. An old butler at the end makes a swift motion to park the car on a rocky pavement.

I could fit six soccer fields out here I thought to myself while I stare out into the land, a horizon of pure green, the clear blue sky above appear to curve, anyone who still doubts that the earth is flat would think twice after looking out into this field, figures appear to be moving in the distance before something flew in the air only being blasted out of the sky moments later.

I furrow my brows, oh hell no. No one said anything about shooting.

"Are you ready?" Detective says to me, cutting my amusement short.

"Yes." I make my voice clear before we both stepped out of the car, I winced from the sharp rocks poking underneath my thin flats. The fresh crunch of the rocks underneath gave me ASMR vibes. Immediately we were both greeted by the staff, an elder woman with her hair braided into one kisses me on the cheek as a welcome. Another butler presents a metal tray of bottled water or crisp champagne, all warm greets and praises.

Professional and well dressed, the women wore their uniforms differently than the men, I worried for them in the heat. Unlike the men the women wore skirts with shorter sleeves while the men wore longer attire; black trousers and white dress shirts with white gloves. All of them seem to be above fifty, The males had their hairs coiffed backwards while the women had to braid them into one or in a bun.

All except one, the butler that welcomed me and detective as we came in, he was at the very end out of line. Though physically he was older he was well groomed, a long white dress shirt underneath the dark vest with grey trousers, his gloves were black.

I winced thinking about my medical history if I ever had a job here, probably rushed in for heat strokes and excessive amounts of fluid loss from sweating.

The butler raised his hands "Welcome home," A cheeky smile, his voice smooth but raspy, like those Shakespeare-people with just those words alone I sensed intellectual from him and wisdom, all knowing and all eyes of the house, The Leader.

He then turns around and trips from missing a step, "oh my -are you ok?"
Me And detective flung to his side as he cussed something under his breath. Me and the whole speaking to soon thing need to either get it together or end it for good.

Helping him to his feet he quickly brushed it off, dusting his vest, "Terribly sorry madam, it would seem age is catching up to me."

Where was it before? I thought to myself.

"The host will be arriving shortly, they had to attend to schedule." On cue the sounds of gunshot ripped through the horizon.

"I take it, that's them." Detective chuckled.

"Indeed, the master of the home before had his own morals and thus found a hobby he gladly passed down to the newer generations."

I suddenly got uncomfortable, the master he is referring too is Cameron's grandfather could it not? We landed on the last step to the entrance of the door when a chilly breeze kissed my nape. The idea of entering the home suddenly felt ominous to me, now being closer I caught a better look, upon further inspection the painting of the house looked fresh, it seems that the plan was to only paint over certain things leaving the rest free but the mold around the cracked windows didn't help my racing blood cells.

There Was something about the place that just didn't sit right with me and the staff that stood behind us on the rocky pavement only made me more curious. Their expressions stoic and smiles but the woman that approached with the one braid that kissed me on the cheeks, her height indifference amongst the rest worked to her advantage. There she stood behind one of the men, with a look of sadness and terror while failing to force a smile.