Are you "kitten" me.

After shutting off the TV you looked down at the kitten you had brought home just days ago. Your husband wasn't very happy with your impulse adoption. He hadn't even tried to bond with the cat but you knew that as soon as you left for work, he was adoring the cat the few minutes you weren't there. "Alright buddy, let's go to sleep, I got work in the morning" you mumbled, picking up the kitten and placing it onto its bed. "Simon! Can we stop by the store to get some more food for Ryan?" You yelled to your husband, you knew for a fact he was still awake, he didn't sleep much without you in bed with him. "I don't know.." was all you heard in response.

You rolled your eyes and walked into your bedroom, seeing that Simon was already in bed. "I expect you to bring home some cat food for Ryan tomorrow." You sighed, picking out your light pink silk pajamas, and going into the bathroom to wash off. As you shower you could hear Simon reading out loud to himself or so you thought. After rinsing off you dried yourself and got into your clothes. Opening the bathroom door that led into your room, you must have startled him because he quickly moved his arm to cover something that was in his lap. "What are you hiding?" you question, getting into bed and trying to see what he had in his lap.

He moved his book over what he was hiding, slight mewls coming from that cat that was now trapped between Simon and his book "Simon! Let him go, I thought you didn't like Ryan" You groaned and pulled his book away, picking up the cat and glaring at the man next to you. "I don't, he just came up here first." He mumbled and put his book away, laying down facing away from you. "Awh Simon, I know you love him too and just don't want to admit it." You teased "Also he couldn't have jumped up here on his own. He's too little for that" you smiled and kissed the kitten's forehead, cradling him as if he was a baby. "Fine, he was crying at the door so I let him in." he groaned and turned off the lamp, he seemed a bit embarrassed from being caught. You laughed to yourself, placing the cat in between you two "Darling, just admit it. You love Ryan" You moved towards him, moving onto your forearm and leaning to look at his face. He looked like he was sleeping that you almost bought it, laying back down and placing your hand on his bare back. "Fine, I might not hate the fact you brought him home..." he mumbled, turning over and picking the cat up, letting Ryan lay on his chest. "See, I knew you would love him" you giggled, placing your hand on the kitten's back, its purring sending vibrations to your hand.

Simon closed his eyes, nodding at your words, maybe he would bring another cat home when he had the day off and you didn't.

"He's not as much of a nightmare now. Right, Simon?"

"Go to sleep, (Y/N)"

"Fine, goodnight.."