Cruel

The minutes that soon turned to hours made the man panic, you had suddenly gone missing from the rest of the team. It was all so surreal to him, running up and down buildings and into rooms that had yet to be swept for any enemies. His mind only has one thing, finding your body. He didn't know if you were alive right now so he didn't keep his hopes up. This specific group of terrorists was known to not take prisoners for any reason.

There seemed no hope of finding you, the team was already back to where the chopper was picking everyone back up. The last one out there was Ghost, he wasn't planning on leaving without knowing where you were.

You sat against the cold brick wall of one of the buildings, clutching your neck. You had gotten too close and cocky with one of the enemies and they had gotten a good slice at your neck but it hadn't hit any major artery. You had lost your headset in the fight and couldn't call for backup or a medic. You could hear the helicopter in the distance, you knew you had very little time before you were left for dead out in this ghost town. You kept your hand at your neck to try and stop the bleeding, making your way towards the sound. You were so dizzy and tired, the blood loss slowly getting to you. "Fuck, I'm going to die out here.." You mumbled, stumbling through alleyways and dead streets. Everything was getting blurry, the floor seeming to move under your feet. The wave of nausea hits you like a ton of bricks. You looked around for anyone who could possibly help you, and a figure at the end of the road caught your eye. You didn't know if it was friend or foe, backing away but falling onto your ass, your arm covered in blood as your neck kept bleeding. Your vision was hazy blacking out once you saw a gloved hand reaching for you and The audible "Get a medic out here!"

You woke up in your bedroom, the sun shining onto your face and almost no recollection of what happened to you out on the field. Sitting up you squint your eyes and look out the window. The weight on your waist didn't register till you felt a hand on your chest push you gently back down. "You worried me out there. I thought you died." you looked down at the man who spoke, a smile on your face when you said Ghost. The memories of what you had gotten into flooded back into your brain. "I know, I thought that too '' you mumbled, moving your hand to your neck and feeling the bandages. "What even happened to you? You were with us then you were in the middle of the road bleeding out" he mumbled into your hip, getting comfortable on the bed. Slightly curled up as he held onto you. "You're going to scold me if I tell you." You sighed, you knew what you did was dumb and he was for sure to yell at you for it. "Speak," he said and let go of you, standing up from your bed. You sat up and looked at him, a hint of fear in your eyes. "I left the group because I spotted someone, it was only one guy so I thought I could take care of him on my own. Don't get me wrong I did kill him but he got a good hit on me. I didn't mean to make you worry! Okay, I just got too cocky for my own good." you looked away, his gaze was hard and it made you feel stupid. "You're not going on any missions till further notice. You're stupid for what you did, almost getting yourself killed. I thought you knew better than that '' his voice had a little lace of anger in it, he was pissed off with you at this point and you knew it. Keeping your head low you frowned "What...That's not fair, It was just one mistake." you felt like you were about to cry because of his words.

"A mistake that could have cost your life." He scoffed and walked to your door, looking back at you "Could have cost me, someone, I love." You looked up at him, his words making you realize he was doing this for your own good, "I love you too" you smiled, throwing your legs over the side of the bed and walking over to him. You wrapped your arms around his waist, his arms around you too. "It's not going to be forever, just a little punishment for being a dumb ass" he scoffed

"Oh, you're so cruel for that."