Easy?

"Stick to the plan and everything will go smoothly"

Price fist bumped you and the rest of the team. You were so excited for this mission, it sounded so easy. Just map out the area, easy. Its just scouting around and not getting spotted.

So easy, your team was going to be there too so you just had to map out a little portion.

Easy...

So

.

Easy.

.

.

.

"Captain! We need to get out of here, we're out numbered!"

You yelled into your radio, returning gunfire to the other side. There was only so much you could do with such limited ammo. You didn't expect to be in such a rain of bullets this time so you packed less than you thought you would need.

"(Y/N). Get better cover!"

Soap threw a magazine at you and pointed towards the rocks. You nodded and made a run for the rocks, bullets flying past you but none hit. You could feel your heart racing in your chest as you reload your rifle. Your hands were shaking, firing down at the enemy line.

"Fall back! Fall back!"

Price's voice rang through your radio, you watched as Soap and Ghost retreated from the gun fight. You crawled out of sight but kept your eye on the two who were still being shot at.

You should have known this mission was going to go south. the pressure on your back startled you and made you look up, the revolver's barrel was the last thing you remember before everything went blank.

.

.

.

"Grab her by the bitch strap! Soap, hurry up!"

"I'm trying to move as fast as I can LT!"

"Move faster, she's bleeding out...Maybe even fucking dead!"

"Help me get he into the car would ya."

What?

.

.

.

"Give it another go. Get her heart beating regularly!"

You could feel tubes being shoved down your throat, needles being stabbed into your skin and the cold air around you but you still couldn't see. All of this noise and stimulation around you was just too much. What's happening! Where's Price!

"Do you think she'll survive?"

"Not sure...Just watch her vitals"

.

.

.

"Ghost, let's go it's getting late."

"Johnny...Leave me alone. I'll go when I see fit"

"Ghost...I know you're waiting for her to wake up but it's not any time soon."

"Johnny."

"It's alright, lets go home"

You could hear the muffled sobs and the sound of boots against the floor grow faint.

Why can I hear this?

.

.

.

"How much longer can we really wait? Simon be true with me, do you still have hope for her?"

"I don't know anymore, Price. I just hope one day I walk in here and she's awake. It hasn't happened."

"Will it ever happen? She was shot in a devastating area, lucky to even have a heartbeat but Simon, think about if it's the right thing to keep her here still. "

"I am still thinking. I just need some more time"

"Take as much time as you need."

Simon...damn it.

.

.

.

It's bright.. your eyes stung from the sudden brightness of the lights in the room. You lifted up your arm to shield your eyes from the light. Where even am I? You looked around the room, it was so clean...too clean. A hand grabbed your wrist and guided it back down.

"(Y/N)...You're awake."

The voice was strained and soft, it sounded as if this person were about to cry. You looked over, your eyes finally adjusting to the light. His face was covered by a black surgical face mask, you squinted your eyes. You couldn't tell who this person was next to you.

"Do you remember me? What is your last name? Do you know where you are...?"

He threw the questions at you, your brain taking a second to process what was happening.

"I'm....(L/N). I remember your voice...I heard you. "

You sat up a bit, looking around the room a bit before turning back to him. The door to your room opened and a bunch of nurses and doctors rushed in, the questions continued to be thrown at you.

The man at your bedside took a seat and watched closely as you were once again being looked at by doctors.

.

.

.

"She'll be able to leave when her memory is less foggy. For now we will keep a close eye on her."

Simon sighed and looked back into your room, you were asleep once again on that bed.

"Thank you."

.

.

.

"You really think coming in here in our fuckin' gear will help her memory?"

He nodded and kept walking down the hall to the door that had the plate '201'

He cracked the door open a bit to see your tired body, sitting up and munching on crackers.

"We're going to seem crazy if it doesn't. Worth a shot, she last saw us in this so it might bring that memory back"

"Fine, don't scare her"

They opened the door fully and stood at the doorway, your head turning towards them. You tilted your head to the side. It was so confusing on who they were. but once you see their unforgettable face your brain stutters. You reached out to them..well mainly towards Soap and Ghost.

"Soap...Ghost?"

You mumbled, tears started streaming down your cheeks. Soap was the first to embrace you, his warm body embracing your fragile frame. You clutched onto him, shaking as you sobbed into his shirt.

"Lass, quit the waterworks"

He wiped the tears off of your face with his thumb, holding your face in his hand. You shook your head, the tears now dripping into his palms. The events that ended you here are now replaying in your mind.

"You didn't leave me"

You felt two more people embracing you, the warmth something you missed. It was something that those lousy hospital blankets couldn't do.

Warm your soul.

You ugly sobbed, as they held you. It felt good to not be given up on...not be left behind.

"We missed you."

"I wanna go home"

"Soon...Soon you will"