You and I will always be back then.

"(Y/N), you'll get a cold. You can't stay here all night."

You gripped onto the skull mask in your hands as you looked at the name on the stone in front of you. You didn't cry, the time for that was long gone. All your tears used up in the past months, none left to cry for today.

"I know."

You fixed the flowers that laid on the headstone and stood back up. You wished this wasn't the outcome of that last mission he went on.

"Let me bring you home..."

You huffed and nodded, walking back to the car with Price. He had been the one to deliver the message to you, the one to shatter your world. He was also the one to help you through it, him and the rest of 141.

.

.

.

"Ya know, you're one hell of a cook!"

You smiled at Soap as you walked out of the kitchen with a small plate of food. You stood in front of the shelf that held a photo of Simon and a few of his belongings. You picked up the plate that held that morning's breakfast, replacing it with what you had just made.

"Darling...Enjoy"

You mumbled as you grabbed the bottle of scotch that sat next to his photo, pouring some into a shot glass. One hell of a scotch lover...

"(Y/N)! The games about to start, we don't want you to miss it!"

You turned your head to see Soap peaking at you from the living room, a bright smile on his face.

"Alright alright, I'm going"

You took one last glance at the photo and waved, hurrying into the living room to join the rest of the group.

.

.

.

You elbowed Gaz in the side, making him shut his mouth quickly.

"Alright, Let's get this over with. Aim and shoot."

You flicked the safety off and aimed your rifle at the target. All you have to do now is focus on your sight alignment, breathing and your trigger control.

.

"Alright, they're shooting now."

Simon let go of your arm, letting you hold the rifle on your own as you pulled the trigger. Your shot landed a bit below the center of the target.

"You're getting better, don't stress it"

He cooed, giving you a pat on the shoulder as he passed you another pellet for the air rifle.

"Thanks honey. Maybe one day I can join the military, work my way up to be with you"

You smiled at him but you didn't get the response you were hoping for.

"No, you won't ever join the military. Not as long as I'm alive."

.

.

.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Do you want to go have dinner? I know its your anniversary and you might have something planned but the whole team wants to do this for you."

Gaz poked his head into your room, a sheepish smile on his face. You glanced over at him and laughed, his dumb smile brightening your day. You had gotten over the fact that you wouldn't be able to celebrate your marriage anniversary with your husband anymore. You had other people now to make your life so much brighter but you wouldn't ever forget the light Simon brought into it, the one that won't ever be matched.

"Sure, give me a few minutes to get ready."

"Great, I'll tell the rest the good news!"

After your door shut you could hear the boys celebrating their victory on getting you out of your room and doing something with them.

.

.

.

"Now I see why you never wanted to leave the force, these guys are just rays of sunshine."