I'm right here

You covered your mouth, coughing like you were about to die. Well, it sure as hell felt like it. You had been just fine yesterday, maybe just a little cough here and there but this morning you felt like you could barely breathe.

You grabbed the glass of water that sat on your nightstand, chugging it down. It helped just a little bit but it didn't really soothe your aching head.

"Simon, I'm dying over here! Where are you?"

Your voice cracked at every vowel, to say it hurt to speak was an understatement. The soft patter of footsteps made you think it was Simon at first but the ball of fluff that jumped up into bed with you told you it was not.

You smiled and pulled your cat in for a hug, gliding our hand through it's soft fur till you started coughing again. You pushed the cat out of your bed, sitting up and clutching your chest.

"Simon, god damnit!"

"I know...I'm right here."

Simon walked into the room, a bowl of soup in one hand and cup of earl gray tea. He sat down on the edge of the bed and placed the bowl and cup down on the nightstand. You glared at him as he sat down next to you.

"Took you long enough, thought you'd care a bit more while I'm dying over here."

Simon sighed and shook his head, picking up the bowl of warm soup, picking some of it up in the spoon. He held it up to your mouth, he eyes telling you to shut up and eat.

"You're not dying, don't overdo it"

You frowned and nodded as you let him feed you, it was nice having someone do everything for you. You wished it could be like this all the time, not just while you were sick.

.

.

.

"I thought dying people don't talk this much?"

Simon sighed, picking up the cat and placing it down on the cold ground. Your cat scurried out of the room, most likely to go eat.

"I thought you loved me."

You stuck your tongue out at him, turning away from him. He was right about the talking thing, it hurt to speak so you probably shouldn't be doing it. You shrugged and laid back down, cuddling up in your many blankets.

"I do, just you need rest right now"

He leaned over and pressed a few kisses on your face, he was rarely ever the one to show much affection but seeing you this sick, it was an acception to that rule of his.

"Hey, stop i'm sick!"

You pushed his face away from you but he only moved your hand away.

"I don't care, I want to give you a kiss sweetheart."

He cupped your face in his hands and pressed a kiss to your lips.

.

.

.

.

.

"Was it really worth it? Look at you now, you're sick."

"At least it's your turn to take care of me."