Prom

"Dad, does this one make me look weird?"

You did a slow twirl in the dress, this one was going to be the one, as long as your dad approved. It was what you dreamed your prom dress would look like.

"No, you looked beautiful in every single one so far."

You smiled and walked back into the changing room, it's done then. That's the dress you were getting.

.

.

.

"Okay, how do I look?"

You fixed your hair a bit, looking at every inch of your face to make sure nothing was out of order.

"You look just fine."

Your dad crossed his arms over his chest, watching you look at yourself. You were all dressed up, as pretty as ever. Once you were happy with how you looked you walked over to your dad, holding your arms out to him.

"Seriously?"

You could see a smile pulled at his lips, his hands going under your arms and picking you up like you weighed nothing. He held you up in the air before bringing you into a hug, shaking you back and forth a few times.

"God, I hate watching you grow up."

He placed a kiss on your cheek, holding back tears, it wasn't every day Simon felt such things, but for you he was so emotional. He hated seeing his baby grow up, getting closer to the day they would leave him alone in the house he spent so long making a home. For them to grow, learn and love in.

The multiple honks outside interrupted their hug.

"Dad, I have to go."

He visibly frowned, letting you down.

"Alright but let me talk to whoever you're going with."

You rolled your eyes and put on your shoes, the ones that went with your outfit. Leaving the house and the car out on the street in front of your house.

Simon walked to the driver's side window, it was already rolled down so there was no need for an awkward greeting.

"No drugs, sex, alcohol. I want her home before 12am."

Your date was a bit stunned by your father's blunt statement.

"Of course Mr.Riley. Don't worry, I'll get your daughter home safely."

"She better, your tongue will be in a jar on my nightstand if she doesn't."

You leaned over and looked at your dad, giving him the 'please stop, you're scaring them' look

He rolled his eyes and walked back onto the sidewalk. His arms crossed over his chest.

"Have fun you two."

You both waved goodbye as the car pulled away from your home.

.

.

.

Your date looked into the rearview mirror, his eyes widening a bit at the image in it.

Simon was still standing there but this time in his hand was a Desert Eagle, he spat onto the metal, shining the metal with his sleeve.

Simon knew his daughters date saw it, only them, not his child. They never really looked into the car mirrors. So this event would be only between him and your date.

"Hope you got the message across."

He kissed the gun, heading back inside to wait for you to get back home.