Past point of no return.

"Simon, you live a fucking double life. Just leave the force. It's doing no good for you."

"I told you, I have nothing if I don't have that job."

You yanked on the collar of his shirt, bringing him down to your level.

"And I'll have nothing without you. So will your future kids. What's more important, Simon. Tell me."

He stared blankly at you, no words coming out of his mouth for a good minute.

"I'm not leaving."

"So is your family less than that job?"

"I never said that."

"You basically did say it, don't try this shit today."

.

.

.

~NSFW~

You rested your head on his shoulder, your whines and moans being soaked into his skin. His back leaning on the headboard, helping you move your hips in a steady rhythm.

"Simon?"

You muttered, turning your head so you were looking up at him. He gave you a hum in response, glancing down at your face.

"Quit your job?"

He let his head hit the wood, looking up at the ceiling. He stopped moving your hips, keeping you still in his lap.

"You know, that question really turned me off."

You pushed yourself off of his chest, sitting up. You grabbed his chin, making him look at you.

"Please, I'm asking nicely...please Honey."

Simon's eyes had no emotion in them, nothing to give you any hint of how he was feeling.

"Drop it."

You frowned, moving back to your spot on his shoulder, taking his warmth and his scent. That whiskey and fresh cut pine smell.

"Can we continue..? I would like to cum at least once."

You let out a huff of air, nodding your head.

"Fine, as long as I'm put first."

~End of NSFW~

"Oh, darling, you're always first in my book."

"Then why don't you listen to me?"

"Because you don't know what you're talking about."

.

.

.

There was a faint knock at your door, you placed down your book and walked to go check who was there.

You cracked the door just a bit, looking out to see a man in a cute little fishing hat, odd for you didn't live near any bodies of water that could contain any fish.

"Can I help you?"

"Is this the Riley residence?"

He stated, checking your house number again.

"Yes? Do you need something?"

.

.

.

"Your husband is dead."

.

The words rung out in your ears. Your prediction came true...You were right, but at what costs.