You found a way

(Reader is 10.)

"Dad, can we stop and get a happy meal?"

You pointed at the McDonalds that was up ahead, the giant M so bright and obvious where it was.

"We have food at the base, we don't need any of that right now kiddo."

Ghost tried not to look over at you, he knew you were making that one pouty face he couldn't resist. He might have been a stone cold soldier but when it came to you he had a sweet spot. You were like the daughter he had never asked for but when you came running towards him in the middle of a war zone he couldn't leave you there to die.

"You always say that! Just this once, please!"

You begged, you watched as the car made the turn into the parking lot. A smile pulled at your lips, once the car parked you jumped out of it and skipped towards the entrance. You were so happy you got him to give in, now you could get that mcflurry you wanted all week.

Ghost opened the door for you and you walked in, going straight to order your food.

"Can I get a mcflurry, dad?"

Ghost looked down at you then back up at the menu, he nodded and pointed to the worker at the register, assuring that you could get whatever you wanted.

.

.

.

"Uncle Price! Look!"

You quickly made your way towards Price, his office door was open. Mainly because you hated when you couldn't hear him answering you when you called.

"Whats up?"

Price turned away from his computer screen to look over at you, you held up the your bag of food and your mcflurry cup. You dug out a spoonful of your ice cream and offered it to Price, a bright smile on your face.

Price was also there when you were taken in by the task force, he was the one who comforted you when you were getting comfortable with your new life with the group.

"Oh, sure kid"

He ate the ice cream you offered, you let go of the spoon and frowned, wow way to get your germs on it.

"Nasty."

You muttered and walked out of his office to go eat on the couch, you would get another spoon on your way to the rec room.

.

.

.

"I remember when you were so much smaller! You use to be able to cling onto my vest and hang there like a little koala!"

Soap leaned down and gently ruffled your hair, reminiscing on past times. You hated it when he brought up things when you were younger but it also made you think of how much he loved you.

"You just got weaker, old man."

"Hey, I'm not that old!"

.

.

.

"Gaz, can I have 10 bucks?"

Gaz sighed and broke out his wallet, not even looking behind him as he held out the bill.

You grabbed it from him and scurried into the next victims room

"Price, can I have ten bucks?"

Price raised an eyebrow, his hand reaching for his wallet.

"Why...what are you going to buy?"

You shrugged, grabbing the ten bucks when he held it out to you.

.

.

.

"Soap can I have 20 bucks?"

"Sure, here munchkin"

.

.

.

"Dad! Can I have some money?"

Ghost pointed to his night stand, his wallet sitting right on the edge. You opened it and looked through it, taking the 50 and a 10.

"Thanks dad!"

You got a soft hum of acknowledgement.

.

.

.

"How much for the air rifle?"

"Around 250 starting, kid. Where are your parents...?"