Chapter 1

Do read the Omegaverse guide before starting.

*****

"Please don't leave us baby",cried the mother of the young omega while cradling him in her embrace.Pete was leaving his family of two siblings and a mother to work at the palace as he got the opportunity to work as a maid.

It was a great opportunity as he would be provided timely meals,a room to sleep and a good salary.Its been two years since his father died during a war.He was in the royal army, a hardworking and respected man and that's why the royals provided some compensation after his death.

It was used by Pete's mother to pay off bills and buy all the necessities for the family.Even the savings were at there end.Pete worked at a trailor shop, a pastry shop,other small businesses to earn some amount but it wasn't enough.

After applying to work at the palace for months and months,he was finally accepted and was offered a job of a maid,which he accepted with closed eyes.Now he is the one who will be taking the responsibilities of his mother and siblings.

"My angel I don't want you to leave",his mother cried once again as she doesn't want his son to go far from her because he was the one who looked after her after her mate's death.

"Let him go ma,we are tried of eating only vegetables",says the youngest,Pearl who turned 12 this week.

"You heard her mother,they need a good life too,let me work and earn a standard living for all of you.Its not like I am going to live there forever.I will be getting one day off in a year so I will come to celebrate Christmas or just to visit you", Pete tried consoling his mother.

"I don't know Pety,how I am gonna live without you?",The mother cried hugging his son, wetting his shirt with her tears.

Pete felt the urge to cancel everything and stay with her mother forever but he controlled himself.He pulled his mother, wiping off the tears from her face

"Oh come on mother,Pace is a big boy now,he will never let you feel lonely. He is nearly 14 years old", Pete says smirking to his brother,Pace.

"Mother I will be fine. This is the best for you and the bratty brats", Pete said nudging his sister.

"I am not a brat",Pearl whined making Pete chuckle.

Pete's mother settled on the bed and patted the bed near her signalling Pete to sit beside her.

"Pearl why don't you take your brother to pick some berries from behind the forest?",Pete's mother said to her youngest child.Pearl and Pace huffed and nodded leaving the mother and son alone.

As the children left, the omega mother starts crying again.Pete also felt a lump in his throat seeing his mother in this condition.He pulled her in his embrace patting her back to send some comfort.

"I am saying na mother.... everything's gonna be alright.This will help you to pay off the bills and loans too.I will send you the money every month."

"How can I accept the money son? You also have needs ,you are a grown up man son."

"Till yours and my siblings needs are fulfilled,I am happy mother.I don't need anything for myself only a smile on your faces is enough for me".Pete spoke while looking through his glassy eyes.

Pete's mother felt proud at the moment for giving birth to such a blessing,but soon her facial expression turned into concern.

"Your mate....What if you found your mate there?",she asked Pete with a worried tone.

Pete gave her a assuring smile,"These things are next mother,for now I will only focus on my work."

Her mother wiped off a tear from Pete's face that he didn't know it was there.Pete tried to look away from her and wipe his tears.