Chapter 21

"His presence is nowhere to be seen... Nothing is misplaced or taken...bu- but... but it seems he has run away your highness", Nop quivered as he speaks what he saw.

Vegas stare at the bed speechless, his eyes saying a lot about how he's feeling. His eyes wide and unblinking with surprise. Staring off into the distance, lost in thought. The bed in which Vegas left Pete after lying and immense breaking, was completely unfilled without the warmness of the Omega.

Nop kneels for forgiveness as Vegas growls and start raining slaps and kicks on Nop for not accomplishing a simple task to look after Pete.

Every guard shivered looking at there King with blank rage. Nop's eyes swelled up and his nose bleeds as Vegas beat him with unstoppable and unstable forces of variety of emotions.
Nop join his hands together begging the Alpha to spare his life. Vegas stops when Nop's face was barely recognisable.

He starts feeling more and more furious as time passes by. His deep hidden insecurity, anxiety and helplessness causes extreme regret and anger on self.

"Prepare for a search. I want the Omega without a single hint of scratch and injuries."

*****

The trees in the forest were malady-brown. It can have dark tree trunks, shadows, overhanging limbs across the path. There are lots of grain of poison begrimed the bark and gleamed like witch dust. The decaying air and stifling atmosphere provided the perfect abode for those who worshipped the darkness rather than the light. In the dense shadows, spiders clutched their snare strings. Their webs shimmered like meshed steel dipped in silver. Eyes a-flame with hunger, they were hoping to dine on bloated bodies and slurp on hot blood.

The forest was primordial. Centuries-old trees with sprawling limbs guarded the darkness, blotting out any sunlight. Their bark was mottled and splotched as if the bubbled soup had been frozen in time on its surface. Clumpy combs of wet moss dangled from their rotten boughs. Underneath the moss, lethal larkspur peppered the mulchy floor. A pungent tang oozed from every sentient being in the forest. Bewailing sounds ghosted through the trees.

Pete walks through it aimless and hopeless, signifying that he's feeling lost and overwhelmed. Dragging his feet, shoulders slumped, and head down. His eyes lost in invisible thought.He felt like a puzzle piece that doesn't fit in any of the available spaces.

Just wandering aimlessly, searching for something familiar or a sign that will point him in the right direction. It's like he's a character in a story who has lost his way and needs to find his path again.

He flinches time to time as he hear cries and howlings of dangerous animals belonging to the erri forest. Although Pete kept walking with no goal.

His tears were dried because he has cried so much. His look was exhausted, with dark circles under his doe eyes and a blank expression on his pretty face. His blankness seem distant and lost in thought, as if Pete given up on the existence of hope.

He wanted to be lost forever. Away from his mother, Siblings and the royal family who accepted him for who he is.

But the repetitive abuse, tortures and the bittersweet relationship from his Mate crossed a limit of the young innocent Omega.

The mind which was trying to cope up for his family was now shattered into broken glasses whose edge were sharp enough to pierce into a soft tender heart.

The creep starts increasing with the  descending sun. Pete was wrapped in a thin layer of a sheer robe. The robe was definitely incapable to protect Pete's slender body from the rain which was about to approach.