Chapter 14

Your wishes literally made my day. So, here is another chapter as a token of thanks .

*****

Pete's cries were falling on dead ears. Vegas was so blinded with hatred that he couldn't realise the ill rationality of his acts. The broken shouts, the despair, the heaviness of Pete's core went unnoticed by Vegas.

After Pete fainted, Vegas stopped. He stopped continuing his filthy deed. His goal of making Pete go hopeless ,was accomplished. The pain, the regret was visible on Pete's face. This is exactly what Vegas wanted. Did he?

Yes he did.

Something which will affect Pete to the point that everything is tainted.

But why...why does it affect Vegas too?

This is exactly what he wanted right? But why the desperate cries were repeated again and again in Vegas's mind? Why it was pinching in his heart? Why?

"Get out of here", Vegas orders Tay to get out. Tay rolls his eyes and go away.

Now ,Vegas was left alone with the broken angel in the room. He makes his way to Pete and sit beside the curled up unconscious Pete, whose face was painted in waters and colours of horror.

Vegas see a smile on Pete's face. A dead, motionless smile. The sight of Pete could make you drop on your knees and cry like ,someone close to your heart died untimely.

The King himself couldn't take it and goes out of the room, leaving his mate behind the walls.

The next day Vegas came to check on Pete, who was lying the same way, Vegas left him . Vegas sighs and leaves the room again.

On his way back he meets Tankhun. Tankhun was in his self glittering clothes but his face seemed a little different, a little distressed.He frowns when he see Vegas roaming around.

"What are you doing here? Why are you not with Pete?"

Vegas sneers annoyed. "He fainted...he was not able to take it."

Tankhun sighs defeated. "I told you to be gentle with him..."

Vegas growls , "Don't teach me how to deal with my mate."

Tankhun nods a little.

"Vegas, Pete is very innocent and pure hearted. I hope you understand him and treat him well. I wish all the happiness for you and him. Remember to love him as much as he love and respect you.

I am happy that you were privileged enough to mate with him on his first heat. "

The last line caught Vegas's attention.

"What do you mean by his first heat?"

"Oh? Didn't Pete told you, that this is his first heat of his life. That is the reason he was so affected."

Silence

Vegas messed so fucking worse.

*****

When your heart is paining but it cannot be treated with any medicine.
When you are so engrossed in pain that you forget happiness. You feel lonely when you are sitting in a crowd, there is this constant pain that leaves you restless. It can only be treated by love and when you dont have that you learn to live with it but it does not pain any less after years even.

*****

Pete woke up  covered in a cold sweat, shaking, heart pounding, looking around the room suspicious and paranoid that the horror may have followed him here, he rise up cautiously, shivering.

His misery had melted into a blunt tingle. The hurt in his heart escalated from a dull throb to burning, glaring pain – faster than a lightning bolt  and as soon as the hurt reached its peak, it was gone, vanished into thin wind.

Please be a nightmare.

This life is too much to bare.
Be anywhere but here alone with my despair.

Please let my heart repair.
Tell me why must life be so unfair.

Please be a nightmare.

But it's not a nightmare, that Pete could escape.

It's the reality.

A bitter truth.

It doesn't feel good at all. In fact it feels awful. But you have to accept it. Like death, there’s no way of escaping it.

Silent sobs escapes from trembling mouth, as Pete remembers the vivid details of his bitter reality. He feels that he have been burned alive. At such an innocent,young age he have to face such dark, dense tortures.

A good thing is that Pete is not in his room. The room which marked a brutal trauma on him. But the irony here is that...he woke up in his mate's bedroom.

In the same robe,which smelled like him and his Alpha. The same robe which absorbed many sweats and tears of Pete. The robe which witnessed awful events with Pete.

Pete was so depressed that he started hallucinating. People, places, animals,dreams, waters, wolfs, wars, swords, betrayals, death...

The door opens and startles Pete.

The person who is the reason behind his vulnerable state enters with head raised in power. Hands behind his back. His face emotionless but his eyes . His black eyes were hinted with...remorse?

*****

Pete's eyes automatically starts pouring out tears. He flinches when Vegas sit just beside him.

Vegas eye him up and down and lets out a chuckle which soon brokes into a laughter. A deadly sarcasm full laughter.

"Did I go too hard on you little dove?", he taunts Pete who was crying.

"Ofcourse I did that's why you are finally up after 5 days..."

Pete's eyes widens. Did he really passed out for this long? Everything was out for 5 days.

Pete starts breathing heavily. Although his body was calm. He wipes his tears off and face Vegas. He look at Vegas, deep in the eyes.

Vegas gets a little shocked with Pete's change of expression but didn't let it show and smirks as if he is watching something entertaining.

Pete's eyes were blank as if soulless. He was just a body who was rotting dead inside.

"I have prayed to God for your companionship your highness, whatever he writes in my destiny I will consider it my right."

Vegas's smirk gets wiped off hearing Pete.

"You won my Alpha...you won...

You won but no one will lost like me...

My heart repents heartfully that...it won't love again.

Tell me your highness...tell me...Tell me, What will be the penance?

Because I will never love you like I dreamed of..."

___________

A/N: I hope you are enjoying the story. All the reads, comments and votes mean so much more to me than you know.

Love to you all!

-raikatopani