Chapter 17

A/N: I wrote this in a hurry. Sorry if any mistakes.

_____________

Pete's P.O.V

The smell after rain is like a refreshing blend of earthy and floral scents that invigorates the senses. It is a unique and refreshing scent that is hard to describe. It's a reminder of how nature can be both powerful and beautiful, and how it can rejuvenate the environment and our spirits.
I woke up to this wonderful scent and drizzling rain.

My head was throbbing, my whole body was in a state of fatigue and nausea. My eyes and ears were sensitive to light and sound. For sure it is a result from excessive alcohol consumption. I can't believe how other people drink it like water... Maybe they have bigger uproars in life compared to me.

I sigh as I don't remember a thing happened last night.Just know that, I was not alone. Their was an embrace.

An warm embrace. It was like a comforting blanket that enveloped me in a cocoon of safety and love. It was a tangible expression of affection that can convey more than words ever could. It was a moment of stillness in a hectic world, a reminder that I am not alone, and that I am loved. A feeling of being held close, of being seen and understood, of being accepted for who I am. It was a moment that can last a lifetime, a memory that can sustain me through the toughest of times.

Maybe it was one of Khun Tankhun or Macau.

A sigh escapes again because as much I try to convince my mind that it might be someone else. The scent engulfing me and my being was opposing every condolences. The perfect scent of my Alpha. A heavy feeling bottomed in my heart thinking about him.

I decide to get up and get ready. I want to help Phi Porsche with the kitchen duties and works.

I remove the sheets covering my body. The cool breeze coming inside from the opened window hits my body with a shiver. My hair falls back, revealing my face and forehead.I feel light, physical and emotionally.

I stand up and strech my aching body. Before going inside the bathroom I take a look of myself in the mirror.

As I see my reflection, I straight away go in a state of shock.

My face was like a canvas that's been painted with a delicate brush, a masterpiece of emotion that's both beautiful and fleeting. It was showing a emotion of vulnerability and openness, a reminder that I am a human and subject to the whims of the heart.

My lips...my lips were swollen. Red swollen lips which were like a rose in full bloom, a symbol of passion and desire that's both beautiful and intense.They feel tender and sensitive.
A source of pleasure and pain.

The look was both exhilarating and terrifying. A reminder of my fragility.

I touch my lips out of instinct. But the feeling of them were way more than you could describe and feel.

Before any other thought fills my mind, I run towards the bathroom.

As I open the door of the bathroom...My breaths come to a halt. My heart starts exclating. An indescribable feeling starts penting in me.

******

Pete was speechless after encountering his mate Vegas , relaxing inside the bathtub filled with steaming water which looked like a sanctuary of warmth and comfort.

The steam rising from the water was like a veil of tranquility, something which is sometimes the simplest pleasures which can be the most powerful.

A smirk can be seen on Vegas' face as   a sense of satisfaction and amusement. It was accompanied by raised eyebrows and a slight tilt of the head, suggesting that he knows something others don't.

Pete was flabbergasted. His eyes widen, mouth hang open. He seemed awfully stunned and bewildered, struggling to process what he have just seen. He froze in the place, taking in the situation and trying to make sense of it.

Pete didn't know what to do...so he did the thing he is best in. He bend at the waist, lowering his head slightly, and holding the position for a few seconds. He bowed.

And quickly turned back to leave without any other situation coming up. But it's not that easy as he thought.

"Stop..."

Ofcourse.

Pete slowly turned back. Eyes roaming around everywhere other than Vegas. Hands fighting with eachother in nervousness.

"Come here."

Still

Pete stopped moving. His eyes meets with Vegas's. A blush creeping in from Pete's neck to cheeks. He didn't move or say anything further. Just standing like a stupid dummy.

"I said come here."

Pete flinches at the dominance but starts taking small steps towards Vegas.It felt like hell for him to walk from the door to the bathtub.

As Pete reaches near Vegas. He starts feeling shameful and shy because of Vegas' nakedness. Thank god, the bubbles in the water were making it opaque. Otherwise Pete was sure to be a witness of something huge and scary.

Vegas chuckles to see Pete stand like a sacred child who was about to receive a scolding.

"Do you know, a bottle of potent alcohol got stolen last night?"

"No..no I don't have any idea, your highness...", Pete slutters nervously.

"Bend towards me..."

Pete look at Vegas with such disgusting intensity that Vegas also get a little uncomfortable. However Pete's unconscious mind was being different this time, because he bends almost instantly. His face was near Vegas. Very close. Some glitches of last night starts playing infront of Pete's concious.

Breaths fanning on eachother's face. Scents released and pheromones detected.

"Are you sacred of me?"

Vegas look deep in the doe eyes of Pete. Pete look deep in the fierce eyes of Vegas. There was a tension inbetween them.

Pete don't say anything. Just nods once. A tiny, unnoticeable nod. However Vegas saw it.

"Good..."

Pete doesn't get any time to react as Vegas pulls him into the bathtub. Startled by the sudden movement, he struggles to catch his breath and keep his head above water. But Vegas firmly holds his shoulders and make him lean to the edge of the bathtub, making him stop from struggling and panic as he surface up the water.

Pete was breathless, embarrassed and vulnerable. He was gasping for air. His robe heavy after soaking all the wetness of the water. Vegas look at him with a cunning smirk.

Vegas close up near Pete. Pete eyes filled with tears. Vegas keep his hand on Pete's cheek and smiles maliciously.

"Have a bath little dove."

Vegas stands up. His hot, huge body shamelessly naked infront of hardly sobbing Pete.  Vegas does not say or do anything else, just get out of the bathtub and bathroom.

Leaving Pete crying...like always.

_______________

A/N: This was mainly like a filler chapter, describing emotions and feelings from Pete's POV. Upcoming chapters will be much more of importance.I will try to update a longer chapter next time.

Happy to tell you that I might get free earlier than expected.

Thankyou for reading.

Don't forget to Vote, comment and share!!

-raikatopani