Chapter 25

Sur per rice <⁠(⁠ ̄⁠︶⁠ ̄⁠)⁠>

_________

"Pete..."

"Your highness..."

Vegas growls in dominance and Pete purrs in submission.

Pete was drowning in Vegas' hot and bulky embrace.

Yet the blurred thoughts were just overlapping the others.

Vegas was already reaching into a trance of powerful drugs of seeking pleasures. Yet he closed his eyes as he felt Pete move in his arms. Calming himself. He need to know what happened in the library.

With all strength he pulled back. Breaking there hug. Just now, Vegas got a look at Pete's face.

Pete eyes were slightly open. His face flushed with a deep crimson hue, and tiny beads of sweat are glistening on his forehead and upper lip. In the blistering furnace of his longing, his eyes flickered like embers of desire, his body like a molten sculpture, radiating an irresistible heat.

The silky fabric of his red and golden robe clung to Pete's fevered flesh, caressing every curve and contour.
Pete's breathing grew heavy, his chest rising and falling with every hitched exhale. Time seemed to slow, the room hushed, as if it too sensed the mounting urgency that coursed through Pete's veins. His pupils dilated, as he traced his fingers along the embroidered edges of the robe, he focused solely on the elusive knot that tethered his desires.

As he try to get of the knot on his robe. Vegas' growl echoed in the entire room.

Vegas quickly put his veiny heavy hand on Pete's stopping him from going any further. Pete rolls his eyes and whines in disapproval.

"No Pete...not yet.", Vegas speaks through clenched teeth.

Pete finally look in Vegas'eyes a little afraid... afraid that Vegas will again push him away. But Vegas was quick to help him get rid of these heavy thoughts by planting a light kiss on Pete's forehead.

They both sigh. And the scents were getting denser.

"What happened in the library hall?"

Pete's eyes widens at the question as reality hits him.

*****
Flashback

Pete's senses were instantly overwhelmed by a paralyzing numbness and gripping fear as Kinn brazenly invaded his personal space. The invasive act of Kinn breathing on Pete's scent gland and swirling his tongue on his vulnerable neck sent shivers down Pete's spine. In this terrifying moment, Pete's thoughts instinctively turned to his mate, Vegas.

Pete tried shouting, thrashing here and there. Trying not to give up easily to this cunning Alpha. He tried to be freed from these burning clutches but as the upcoming words hit his ears. All his tries and silent shouts becomes nil and useless.

Kinn smirk and put his lips near Pete's scent gland.

"You have such a small and happy family Pete. Pearl and Pace are so sweet, they even love talking with me and your mother. Oh Pete... I believe you don't want them to die because of an unfortunate fire in your small hut."

Kinn wore an evil, sadistic smile that cut through Pete's already shattered composure.

Pete was suffering from intense agony in his heart. This was an open challenge from Kinn. That if Pete try to speak against him. His only reason to live...his family will be sacrificed.

With a final gasp for air, the world around Pete faded into an inky backdrop, swallowed by the void of his unconsciousness.

*****