chapter 3 - What's the treasure

Ten days later, Lotus and Fool ChangLong were married.

There was no gongs and drums in the red-topped sedan chair.

Only the old man in the village was playing the trumpet.

Lotus was wearing her mother's wedding dress, and she was taken out of her house with a small baggage by her groom ChangLong .

She could not see anything under the veil, only to hear the noisy and clamoring of many villagers around the road

occasionally The naughty child ran across in front of her, bent down and looked down at her with a hijab.

The two walked from the Li family in the west of the village to the Huo(his original surname... but grandma raised  him so he carry her surname )family in the east of the village.

After they were admitted to the courtyard, the villagers gradually dispersed.

The grandma Chang are notoriously alone in the village.

No one came to eat wedding wine, and she did not invite them.

Except for the lotus's family, she only asked to Zhou Fuzi, a village doctor, and two neighbors.

The lotus is a newly-married lady. She doesn't eat with guests.

The  grandma Chang took a small portion of the meal and put it on the table in the new house.

she did not allow the lotus to be shy or thankful to go out.

  LOTUS has never been a bride, nor knows the rules, just wondering if she should be reserved, but she hasn't eaten anything since the morning, she can't stand hungry, and she ate a clean meal.

Outside the house, the ChangLong is groom  ... still he bowed his head and murmured and eat happily, he didn't care about anyone, and the lotus father would have looked down upon him. ... he dont even understand  that he is married  today..

He just eat and dispersed.

Xiao Bao was reluctant to give up her sister, and wanted to stay a little longer, he was kicked by the lotus's father, to go out...

When everyone else was gone, the lotus took the empty bowl and went out, watching the grandma chang packing up so she walked across

: "Grandma, let me come."

grandma Chang did not speak, she was as clam as like a lotus was the granddaughter-in-law who had been in the door for many years, and  not carrying abut anything she cleaned up the wash.

she called ChangLong into the house to speak.

After finishing cleaning the bowls  and pots..

Lotus went to sweep the yard and chopped wood.

She was as busy as she was at home all afternoon, and she didn't look like a newly wed

When it was time to sleep at night, Lotus began to feel at a loss.

She deliberately rubbed outside for a long time. Until the grandma chang shouted ..

she tugged into the new house.

In the house, there are common kang, and two sets of bedding are spread on both ends, separated by a long distance.

Long pointed to the futon and said,

"This is mine, that's yours."

After talking about it, he ignored Lotus and took off his clothes and drilled the bed.

Lotus stood stunned for a while...then blushed, blew the lamp, and lay in .

she listened to Changlong's breathing ...she Guess he was probably asleep, and her stiff body was loose.

Without the embarrassment in her imagination, think about it too, Changlong is a fool, and he must not understand wedding night....or anything ...

she dont need to worry about ... or she maybe little disappointed

.....

In the early morning of the next day, the lotus got up early to make a fire and cook. After breakfast,  grandma chang took a piece of cake and carried a straw basket to go out.

Before going out, she told Lotus that she would not come back at noon.

Lotus chased and said,

"I will go with you. You can take me to know the herbs. I can help you in the future."

Grandma Chang said,

"Why .... who will serve your man... dont you know?"

she finished carrying the bamboo basket and left.

Lotus shrugged her shoulders, put out her tongue playfully against the back of Grandma Chang, and went back to the house.

In the house, ChangLong is stacking quilts.

In fact, Lotus have been folded once, but it obviously doesn't suit the eyes of ChangLong.

He spread out all the bedding and folded them one by one again, earnestly like a girl embroidering.

Lotus : "I'll come."

Long ignored her and continued to do his own.

After folding the quilt, he tilted his head and seemed to check for a while.

When he was satisfied, he nodded, turned to open the side cabinet, and took out a small wooden box from the inside.

Lotus was curious and looked around.

Long seemed to realize the existence of lotus at this moment, and hugged the box and looked at her alertly.

She laughed and said,

"What's the treasure?"

ChangLong embraced the box, lowered his head slightly, squinted and said,

"I won't show you."

Lotus face couldn't hang and hummed

: "show me or not, I'm not a rare person to see a broken wooden box!"

she turned and went out. But when she left the room, she couldn't hold back her curiosity and she looked in through the door slit, but he saw ChangLong poured the box on the table and rolled out a pile of peanuts from inside.

ChangLong arranged the peanuts one by one, counted them, picked some small ones and put them in his mouth pocket, put the rest carefully into the box and put them back in the cabinet.

Lotus is secretly funny, the fool is a fool, what's wrong with a box of peanuts that I'm peeping?

She shook her head and walked away.

Lotus was busy all morning, tidying up all the rooms, but when she was preparing to wash her hands and make lunch, she found that  long was gone. When she had just cleaned up the house of grandma chang,

she saw ChangLong standing stupidly at the door of their house and looked at road but in a blink of an eye, she didn't know where he went.

She shouted twice in the yard. No one answered. She looked at the gate again, and there was no figure of him.

Lotus is a little worried, just thinking that ChangLong is a fool, afraid of what will happen.

She picked up the work in her hand and went out  At this moment she was really anxious, and she didn't care about the shame as newly  bride

She only asked the villagers on the road that did they saw  Long