017 - rat visit

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆

LATER THAT NIGHT, JULES FOUND
herself in a black cocktail dress that rested just above her knee, standing with Brian and Roman in front of Pearl. Jules couldn't help but scan Brian's outfit; he was wearing jeans with a simple navy blue dress shirt that suited him.

"We're guests of Mr. Verone's." Brian told security, who simply let them in. As the three walked inside, they took notice of their surroundings. There were a lot of women who wore revealing clothing but didn't care because alcohol was flowing through them.

"It's a "hoasis" in here, brah," Roman said to Brian. Sometimes Jules thought the two men would just talk without acknowledging her presence. "Yeah. Lots of potential." Brian smirked, making Jules' heart tighten. She didn't like the hold he had on her because it reminded her of when she first liked him.

"Damn. You got a pen?" Roman asked, checking his pockets. Jules walked away from the two and towards the bar, ordering vodka straight. "Verone's on his way." Monica said, walking past her. Jules nodded her head, drinking her drink in one gulp.

Jules gazed around the crowd, spotting Brian and Monica flirting. She clenched her jaw and watched the two. No matter what, Jules always found herself looking at Brian, and he did the same to her. While Monica talked to Brian, he could only focus on what the brunette was thinking.

"Follow me, Doll. Our guy's here." Roman said, nodding his head to the side where Verone stood with a glass in hand, watching Monica and Brian. Jules places a bill under her empty glass and followed Roman. As the two got closer, Jules saw Brian laugh at something Monica had said, but it quickly vanished.

"He's here, man," Roman said, looking directly at Brian. Monica looked forward, seeing Verone wave at her as she rested her chin on her hand. "Where's he at?" Brian asked, while Roman looked up. "He's over there. Don't look." Brian ignored Roman and watched as Verone waved again.

"Excuse me." A woman spoke from beside Jules. "Mr. Verone would like for you to join him." The woman said, moving her hand in the direction of Carter. "Let's do it." Monica announced, getting up from her seat. "This doesn't feel right." Jules mumbled to the boys.

A breathy laugh left Jules as she saw the two bodyguards were also the two jackasses who wanted to check her body. "It's all right. Let 'em in." Verone said, making Jules stick her tongue out before Jules took a seat closest to Brian and Verone.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Verone asked Brian, referring to Monica. Brian looked down at Jules, who avoided his gaze. "Yeah. She's gorgeous." Brian responded, smiling. 'He found a new one.' Jules thought. "You got balls, kid." Verone chuckled. "I can appreciate that."

"Women are a very powerful force. You see, the blonde sitting with the gentleman right there?" Verone asked, pointing to the pair. "Five minutes of her time, and she can get anything she wants from him." Verone stated. Jules watched the woman as she was able to get up with the man following her.

Verone ordered Brian to take a seat. Scooting over, Jules let Brian sit beside her, ignoring his tense gaze. "So, you, uh, lit my man's car on fire. Is that right?" Verone asked Roman, taking a seat beside Monica. "Yeah, I did," Roman answered with no problems. "You see, I got a problem with authority."

Verone gave Roman a smirk. "I have that same problem. For me, it's cops in particular." Verone said, turning his head to Brian before looking back at Roman, chuckling. "Let's take a walk." He said, getting up. "We just got here," Monica argued.

"Now we're leaving." Verone responded, taking Monica's hand and ordering the three racers to join him. Jules kept herself between Brian and Roman, not trusting the place Verone was taking them. Jules stopped walking because of Brian stopping and saw a torch lit with a towel covering a bowl beside it.

"What's all that?" Roman asked when looking at the table. "We're gonna have a little fun," Carter answered, popping a bottle of champagne and filling glasses. "Holy shit." Jules muttered as she saw the man and woman from earlier, the ones Carter pointed out.

"Hey, Carter." The guy said it, slightly confused. Carter chuckled. "Meet, uh, Detective Whitworth. One of Miami's finest." The blonde girl gave Carter a look before walking away. "Thank you, sweetheart." Verone called, as only Whitworth was left. "You enjoying yourself, detective?" Verone asked.

"Yeah, I was. I mean, you know me." The guy said it calmly. "Yeah, I do know you. You been on my payroll a long time." Verone said, pointing his finger. "Verone, that ain't right." Whitworth shook his head. Jules ignored the rest of their conversation as she watched Verone's men get closer before wrestling him to the table and tying him up.

Brian instinctively took a step forward in front of Jules as they tried to get to them. "I'm a detective, Verone! You do anything to me, the whole force is gonna be on your ass in a minute." Whitworth choked out of breath.

"Shut your mouth! You fat piece of shit." Verone said, cutting Whitworth's shirt down the centre, then uncovering the ice bucket. Jules watched with an uneasy feeling as Verone pulled out a rat. "Sit down." He ordered the three.

"You're gonna regret this. Just stop right now!" Whitworth warned. "Once the bucket gets hot enough, Detective, the rat is gonna want out." Verone taunted the rat over Whitworth's stomach. "And the only direction it can go is south." Jules' eyes widen as the rat was now covered by the bucket on Whitworth's stomach.

"Get it off me! I'll forget it ever happened." Verone paid no attention to Whitworth's pleas and instead heated the bucket, spitting out facts about rats. Jules shifted in her seat as the two went back and forth. Brian placed a comforting hand on Jules' thigh, feeling the same uneasiness.

"You are in charge of the units that are watching my properties, huh? What I want is. I want a 15-minute window where everybody, and I mean everybody, disappears. You hear me?" Verone asked, turning the torch off. "I can't do it!" Whitworth cried out.

Verone chuckled at the man's words. "Okay, Monica, come here." Monica reluctantly walked over before being told to cover Whitworth's mouth while Verone burned the bucket. After much pain, Whitworth gave in and gave the 15-minute window. "You betray me, and my rat here is gonna visit your wife, Lynn, your son, Clay, and your daughter, Lexi."

With more threats, Verone finally let the man go. "You boys and girl enjoy the show? 15 minutes and every cop in Florida is gonna be on you. Be at Versailles Café, 6:00 a.m, day after tomorrow, ready to drive. You understand." They nodded, and he left with Monica. "That was a damn rat, man," Roman said, as they took a moment before leaving.