Chapter 8: Future you is hot

The End 1

Alexis got out of the car, shouldering her bag as Dean rounds the impala. A man in a suit on the sidewalk. "Excuse me, friends," He began. "But have you taken time out to think about God's plan for you?" He asks Dean and Alexis as they walk by. 

Dean looks over his shoulder at him. "To friggin' much, pal."

"All the time." Alexis mutters as Dean pulls open the door. 

~~~

Dean glances out of the window. "We're talking about the Colt, right?" He closes the curtain. "I mean, as in the Colt?" He pauses. "I mean, why would the demons keep a gun around that, uh, kills demons?" Dean walks toward the fridge, grabbing a beer and chuckling. "You know, it's kind of funny, talking to a messenger of God on a cellphone. It's, you know, like watching a Hells Angels ride a mo-ped."

Alexis stood, moving toward the counter where Dean stood. She nudges his side making him slide over a little as she pours a cup of coffee. 

"It's not funny, Dean." She heard Castiel says over the phone. "The voice says I'm almost out of minutes."

"Okay, alright." Dean nods his head. "I'm--I'm telling you, Cass, the mooks have melted down the gun by now."

"Well, I hear differently. And if it's true and if you are still set on the insane task of killing the devil, this is how we do it." 

Dean moved to sit on the foot of the bed. "Okay. Where do we start?"

"Where are you now?" Cass asks. 

Alexis sat down beside Dean. 

"Kansas City." Dean replies. He leans over, grabbing the room key from the nightstand. "Century Motel. Room 113." 

"I'll be there immediately." 

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, no, come on, man. I just drove like 16 hours straight. I'm human. And there's stuff I gotta do." 

"What stuff?"

"Eat, for example. In this case, sleep. I just need like four hours once in a while, okay?"

"Yes."

"Okay, so, you can pop in tomorrow morning." Dean hung up the phone. 

~~~

Alexis woke to the sound of a phone ringing. She rolls over, slinging her arm over Dean as he answers the phone. "Damn it, Cass. I need to sleep."

"You get grumpy." Alexis mutters, her lips brushing his shoulder blade.

"Dean, it's me." Sam's voice cut through the speaker.  

"Sam?" Dean asks, glancing at the clock. "It's quarter past 4:00." 

"This is important." 

~~~

After Sam had explained everything over the phone, Dean opens the fridge. He leans down and grabs a beer. "So, you're his vessel, huh?" Dean asks, closing the fridge. "Lucifer's wearing you to the prom?" He tilts his head, holding the phone to his ear with his shoulder as he pours Alexis a cup of coffee.  "Just when you thought you were out, they pull you back in, huh, Sammy?" Dean asks, moving toward Alexis and handing her the cup. 

"Thank you." Alexis mumbles, smiling up at him. 

"So, that's it? That's your response?" She heard Sam ask over the phone."