Chapter 15: Is that why you look like a 75-year-old

The Curious Case of Dean Winchester 1

Alexis bounces her two-and-a-half-week-old daughter up and down gently, smiling down at her. "Good morning, sweet pea." She hums, pressing a kiss to the baby's head.

Alexis looked up at the sound of the bathroom door opens. Dean walked out in a suit and tie. He smiles, walking up to Alexis. "Hey, Sweetheart. I gotta go."

"Alright." Alexis smiles up at him. She leans up, pressing her lips to his.

When the two pull away, Dean leans down and kisses Madilyn's head before heading for the door.

~~~

"You expect me to believe you're CDC?" The coroner asks as Sam and Dean hold up their badges.

"Excuse me?" Sam asks.

"Just that you're a day early. First time in history I haven't sat on my ass waiting for you people."

"New administration. A change you can believe in." Dean tells her.

"Right." The coroner leans down, pulling open the freezer. She then pulls out the tray and uncovers the dead body of an old man. "Meet Xavier. Date of birth: April 3rd, 1984."

When the two hunters look at her questioning she answers, "I know. I ran the DNA twice. That's definitely him."

"Well, he wasn't big on the sunscreen, huh?" Dean hums.

"So what's your theory?" Sam asks.

"All I know is, decedent's male, 25 years old, and he died of old age." The coroner turns and walks off.

After that, Sam and Dean walk out of the morgue and Dean had called Bobby. "You were right about this one. It's definitely a job."

"Thought so. Any other stiffs in town?"

"No, just the one body."

"Anything else?"

"A couple missing persons, but usual for a town this size." Dean replies.

"Well, check 'em out."

"You think they're connected?"

"Call it a hunch."

"Alright. And by the way, how are you doing?"

"Doing?"

"Yeah. You know, just in general." Dean says.

"Oh, you mean my legs." Bobby scoffs. "Well, I'm just weeping in my Haagen-Daaz, idjit." Bobby hung up.

~~~

"That's the most recent." The older woman informs, gesturing to the photo of her husband Dean held as they all sat in her living room.

"How long has he been missing?" Sam asks as Dean handed him the picture frame.

"Oh, I knew right away when he didn't come home Tuesday night."

"Is there someplace he likes to go?" Dean asks.

"After work, maybe. A favorite bar? Anything?" Alexis gently rocks Madilyn's car seat back and forth as the baby slept.

"No. Tuesdays, he always works a bit late, but he always comes straight home."

"May I use your facilities, ma'am?" Dean asks.

Of course Dean was actually just digging through the missing mans things. He went through everything at the desk then checked the coat that sat on the chair. He found a receipt for Madame Lin's Golden Palace. "Working late, my ass." He mutters.