Chapter 45: I'm sorry

Swan Song 1

"On April 21st, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off at the plant in Janesville. A blue two-door Caprice. There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should've. Because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car--No, the most important object, in pretty much the whole universe. She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends, he'd drive around giving Bibles to the poor."

"'Getting folks right for Judgement Day.' That's what he said. Sam, Dean and Alexis don't know any of this. But if they did, I bet they'd smile. After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used-car lot in Lawrence where a young Marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that's where this story begins. And here's where it ends." 

"We gotta find Lex." Dean paces the floor. "She's in trouble." 

"We have no clue where she is, Dean." Sam tells him. "How do you expect to find her?"

"Calm down. We'll find her." Bobby reasons. 

"She's in an old warehouse ten miles down the road. Hurry." Ruth says as she appears. 

~~~

Meanwhile, Alexis stood by the window, staring out. The door opened and Eden walked in. Alexis turned to greet her as she spun the wedding ring around her finger. 

"Alright, it's time." Eden smiles. 

Alexis straightens up. "What do I do?" 

"You stay still while I give you your soul back." Eden walks toward her.

"Why?" Alexis asks, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Because I want you to feel every regret, every guilt, everything when this happens." Eden says, pressing her hand to Alexis's head. 

Alexis went to step back but stumbled as a searing pain filled her skull. "What's--?"

"See, I never actually needed you." Eden says as Alexis hit the floor. "But I didn't want you with the Winchesters, you'd ruin my plan. Your existence is a big problem for me. I never cared about the apocalypse. I never needed you to be my vessel. I just wanted you dead. And as long as you were stuck with those Winchesters, I couldn't get that. So I waited until you were weak, latched onto your soul and brought you with me." 

"Get away from me." Alexis scrambled backwards, her normal self returning. 

"Though I didn't expect you to get so annoying and egotistical." Eden moved toward her. "You were so desperate to keep Dean from saying yes, you walked right into my death trap."

Alexis stood, her hands curling around her dress. Her eyes flicker to the door. She could make a run for it. 

"No, no, no." Eden laughs. "You're not running this time. Maybe you should've just stayed with your daughter and husband. Maybe you shouldn't have been so desperate. Or maybe you're just too stupid to realize when you're being played." 

Alexis ran for the door, but Eden tackled her to the floor. Eden placed the knife at her throat, pressing the blade into her skin just enough to draw blood. 

Alexis stayed still, staring up at her mother with hatred in her eyes. "Deans looking for me. You won't get away with this."

"Maybe, maybe not." Eden shrugs. 

"Even if you do kill me, Dean will hunt you down a stab you in the head. So either way, you're dead, bitch." Alexis hisses. 

"Am I?" Eden laughs. "Because I think you are."