Chapter 40: Somebody needs anger management

The Devil You Know 1

"Hey, check it out, I look like the King of Pop." Dean looks over at Sam and Alexis as they fallow the doctor through the hospital. Alexis sighs, adjusting the face mask she wore as she rolled her eyes at Dean. Sam gave him a look. "Too soon? Too soon."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the CDC is here." The doctor began. "But what we really need is vaccine."

"Yeah, you got that right." Dean mutters.

"Uh, tell me, have you noticed anything unusual about the strain?" Sam asks. "Any signs of behavioral change? Like, aggression maybe?"

"Excuse me?" The doctor asks.

"Have any if the flu victims shown any signs of, uh, homicidal tendencies?" Dean questions.

The doctor looked between the three. "Um, symptomatically speaking, we're looking at a relatively mild case of swine flu here. Probably add up to a miserable week of off work, that's it."

"So nothing unusual?" Alexis speaks up.

"Well, day and a half ago we didn't have a single case. Now we're looking at over 70. Infectious equivalent to a briefcase bomb. Yeah. I might call that a little unusual."

"Day and a half." Sam whispers.

"Same time statues started crying." Dean states.

"Yep."

"I'm sorry, what was that?" The doctor asks, turning her attention away from the clipboard in hand.

"What was what?" Dean replied.

Did you just say a bunch of statues started crying?"

"What?" Sam spits out. "No, who--?"

"Who would say that? Crazy people." Dean adds.

"Exactly."

"Yeah, you just misheard. He's--he's not talking about crying statues." Alexis shrugs her shoulders as laughs nervously.

"Which we are not." Dean says, referring to his comment about crazy people.

"No." Sam adds.

"Just get us some vaccine." The doctor walked away.

"Nice going, doofus." Alexis slapped Deans arm.

~~~

The 1967 Chevy Impala sped down the dark, foggy road while inside Bobby, on speaker, talked to the three hunters.

"Let me guess, another steaming-hot pile of swine flu." Bobby says.

"Yep." Dean answers while Sam held the phone between the two as Alexis leaned against the front seat.

"Doesn't make any sense, Bobby." Sam begins. "Pestilence touched down here. I'm sure of it."

"Why's he dealing up swine flu like soft serve when he's got the croatoan virus. I don't get it." Dean adds.

"Maybe he's waiting for something." Alexis shrugs.

"Doesn't matter what the sick son of a bitch is doing." Bobby tells them. "What matter is this us the fourth town he's hit that we know of. We're we're still eating dust. Did you get anything? We got even a snowball at probable next target?"

"Uh, no pattern we can see." Sam replies.

"Okay." Bobby sighs. "Hold on." He pauses before saying, "Well, as far as I can tell, he's still heading east. So head east, I guess."