Chapter 37: That's my undying faithful support coming back to bite me in the ass

Point of No Return 2

Dean woke up, handcuffed to the bed in the panic room. He looked around, his eyes landing on Alexis, who sat beside him, then Sam who sat across the room.

"How you feeling?" Sam asked.

Dean sat up, groaning. "Word to the wise. Don't piss off the nerdy angels."

Alexis brushed her finger over his bottom lip, wiping away fresh blood. "I'll keep that in mind."

"So how's it going?" Dean questions.

"Adam is gone." Sam spits out. "Angels have him."

"Where?"

"The room where they took you."

"You sure?"

Sam nods. "Cass did a recon."

"And?"

"And place is crawling with mooks. Pretty much a no-shot-in-hell, Hail-Mary kind of thing."

"My favorite kind of thing." Alexis sighs.

"Oh, so the usual. What are you gonna do?" Dean asked.

"For starters? Bringing you with." Sam replies, tossing Alexis the keys to the handcuffs.

"Excuse me?" Dean asked as Alexis unlocked the cuffs.

"There are too many of them. We can't do it alone and you're pretty much the only game in town."

"Isn't that a bad idea?" Dean asked.

"Cass and Bobby think so. We're not so sure."

"Well, they're right." Dean says. "Because it's either a trap to get me there to make me say yes or it's not a trap and I'm gonna say yes anyway. And I will. I'll do it. Fair warning."

Alexis's grip tightened on his wrist. We are so screwed.

"No, you won't." Sam states. "When push shoves, you'll make the right call."

"You know, tables were turned...I'd let you rot in here." Dean says. "Hell, I have let you rot in here."

"Yeah, well, I guess I'm not that smart."

"I don't get it, Sam. Why are you doing this?"

"Because." Sam answers. "You're still my big brother."

~~~

"Where the hell are we?" Dean asks as he, Sam, Alexis and Cass walk along the back of a warehouse.

"Van Nuys, California." Cass answers.

"Where is the beautiful room?"

"In there."

"Here?" Alexis asks. "Hmm, I expected something different."

"Beautiful room is in an abandoned muffler factory in Van Nuys, California?" Dean asked.

"Where did you think it was?" Cass looks between the two.

"I don't know. Jupiter? A blade of grass? Not Van Nuys."

"Tell me again why you don't just grab Adam and shazam the hell out of there?" Sam questions.

"Because there are at least five angels in there." Cass explains.

"So, you're fast." Dean says.

"They're faster." Cass pulls off his tie. "I'll clear them out, you three grab the boy. This is our only chance."