Chapter 43: Splattered on the wall for the fifth time today

Two Minutes to Midnight 1

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Dean asks Sam as they stood in Bobby's kitchen.

"Dean--"

"No, don't 'Dean' me. I mean, you have had some stupid ideas in the past, but this--" Dean looks at Bobby. "Did you know about this?"

"What?" Bobby asks.

"About Sams genius plan to say yes to the devil."

Bobby nods.

"Well, thanks for the heads up." Dean says.

"Hey, this isn't about me." Bobby argues.

Dean turns back to Sam, pointing at him. "You can't do this."

"That's the consensus." Sam shrugs.

"Alright, awesome. Then end of discussion." Deans phone rang. "This isn't over." He pulled out his phone, lifting it to his ear. "Hello?"

"Dean?" Castiel asks.

"Cass?"

"Is he okay?" Sam questions.

"We all thought you were dead. Where the hell are you, man?" Dean asks as Madilyn pulled at the zipper on his jacket.

"A hospital." Cass answers.

"Are you okay?"

"No."

"You wanna elaborate?" Dean asks.

"I just woke up here. The doctors were fairly surprised. They thought I was brain-dead."

"So a hospital?"

"Apparently after Van Nuys, I suddenly appeared, bloody and unconscious, on a shrimping bait off Delacroix. Told it upset the sailors." Cass explains.

"Uh, well, I gotta tell you, man, you're just in time." Dean tells him. "We figured out a way to pop Satan's box and Eden's got Lexi."

"How?" Cass groans.

"Its a long story, but--Look, we're going after Pestilence now. So if you wanna zap over here--"

"I can't zap anywhere."

"What do you mean?"

"You could say my batteries are drained."

"Wait, you're out of Angel mojo?"

"I am saying that I'm thirsty and my head aches. I have a bug bite that itches no matter how much I scratch. I'm saying that I am just incredibly--heh."

"Human." Dean fills in. "Wow. Sorry." Dean sighs, sitting down.

"Well, my point is, I can't go anywhere without money for an airplane ride. And food. More pain medication, ideally."