Chapter 17: Since when did you become a judgmental ass

Changing Channels 1

"Supernatural is filmed in front of a live studio audience." 

Dean closes the fridge door as the crowd erupts in applause. Dean turns back to the table, walking closer. On the table sat a sandwich that was at least a foot tall. "I'm gonna need a bigger mouth." Dean says and the audience laughs.  

Sam walks in the motel room door, closing it behind him. 

"Hey, there, Sam. What's happening?" Dean asks. 

"Oh, nothing. Um...just the end of the world." Sam replies, his eyes falling on the sandwich. "You're gonna need a bigger mouth." 

Dean gave Sam a 'I said the exact same thing' look.

"Hey, uh, have you done your research yet?" Sam asks, stepping closer to the table. 

Dean looks around. "Oh, yeah. All kinds of research. All night." 

"Yeah? Hm." 

The sound of the bathroom door opening made Dean swallow hard. "Oh, Dean." Alexis calls out, stopping in the doorway. Dean turned to look, his eyes wide as she stood there in nothing but her bra and underwear. "We have some more research to do."

Dean smiled. 

Sam crosses his arms over his chest, giving his brother a look. "Dean." 

Dean turns, looking out to the crowd. "Son of a bitch." He says, his voice higher than normal.

Wellington, Ohio. 
Two days earlier

Alexis sat beside Dean in the motel room on the foot of the bed with Madilyn in her arms, watching Dr. Sexy, M.D. 

"What are you watching?" Sam asks, walking out of the bathroom. 

"Just some hospital show." Dean replies. "Dr. Sexy, M.D. I think it's based on a book." 

Sam scoffs. "Since when did you two hit menopause?"

"Since when did you become a judgmental ass?" Alexis counters. 

"It's called channel-surfing." Dean says as Sam crosses the room. Dean stood, cutting off the TV. "You ready?" He asks as Sam slips on his suit jacket. 

"Are you?"

Dean leans down, pressing a kiss to his one-and-a-half-month-old daughters head before setting a hand on Alexis's jaw. "See ya later, darlin'." He presses his lips to hers. 

~~~

"One more time. The FBI is here why, exactly?" The sheriff asks. 

"It might have something to do with one of your locals getting his head ripped off." Dean shrugs. 

"Bill Randolph died from a bear attack." 

"How sure are you that it was a bear?" Sam questions.

"What else would it be?" 

"Well, whatever it was, it chased Mr. Randolph through the woods, smashed through his front door, followed him up the stairs and killed him in his bedroom. Is that common? A bear doing all that?" Dean asks. 

"Depends how pissed off it is, I guess." The sheriff counters. "Look, the Randolphs live way up in high country. You got trout lines that'll make a grown man weep and bears."

"Right. Now, what about Mrs. Randolph?" Sam asks. "The files says she saw the whole thing."

"Yeah, she did. My heart goes out to that poor woman."