Chapter 44: I could take on Lucifer on my own

Two Minutes to Midnight 2

"Michael has found a new vessel." Eden states, sticking the needle into Alexis's arm. "All that's left is Sam. He'll say yes, I just know it." 

"Oh, well, isn't that lovely." Alexis rolls her eyes. 

"You are getting quite insufferable." 

"Good." 

"I might just kill you."

"You can't." Alexis gave her a gloating look as she straightened her tiara. 

~~~

"Yup, they're loading up hotshots of Croatoan in the trucks." Bobby says as he, Sam and Cass sit in the van outside of a warehouse. On the drive Sam had told the angel his plan to say yes to Lucifer and Cass agreed it was a good idea. "Okay, first truck don't leave for an hour. We get in, we plant the C-4 every 25 feet, then we pull the fire alarm."

"That truck is leaving." Cass states, pointing to the tractor trailer. 

"Balls." Bobby hisses. "Okay, new plan." 

~~~

Alexis smoothed down her dress. "You know, Eden, this whole waiting around for you to be ready is quite boring and I don't think I need you."

"You do." Eden states.

"I don't. I think I could take on Lucifer on my own. I'm ovbiously much stronger than you or anyone else here." 

Eden scoffs. "You ego needs to be deflated." 

~~~

Cass knocked the truck driver out before breaking the control that opened the gate as Sam and Bobby ran for the doors that were sliding shut. 

"Side door." Bobby yells. It was locked.

"Get back." Sam says. "Get back." he raises his gun, shooting the door handle.

A bunch of non-possessed people ran out as Sam and Bobby slipped inside. The sound of a man screaming made the two stop to see a bunch of people ripping him to shreds. 

The group looks up, eyes red and dilated. They'd been infected with the Croatoan virus. 

Sam and Bobby raise their guns, shooting each person. Bodies hit the floor as the sound of a woman calling for help echoes. 

"There's still people here." Sam walks off. 

"Sam, no." Bobby calls out. 

Sam held out the demon knife. "Wait, here."

"Damn." Bobby mutters, taking the knife as Sam walks off. 

Bobby backs away, turning as a demon walks up behind him. Bobby stabs the man. 

~~~

Dean and Crowley walk down the street, hands in their pockets. 

"Hey, let's stop for pizza." Crowley suggests. 

"Are you kidding?" Dean asks.

"Just heard it was good. That's all." Crowley shrugs as they round a corner. "Up ahead. Big, ugly building. Ground zero. Horseman's stable, if you will. He's in there." 

"How do you know?"

"Have you met me? Because I know. Also, the block is squirming with reapers. I'll be right back." Crowley disappears only to reappear right behind Dean only seconds later. "Boy, is my face red. Death's not in there."