Chapter 11: Some of us don't get to kill Paris Hilton

Fallen Idols 2 

"Yeah, Abraham Lincoln and James Dean. Can you believe that?" Dean asks Bobby, who he was on the phone with, as he stood by the window. "Why so kill crazy? I don't know. Maybe the apocalypse has got him all hot and bothered."

Alexis didn't look up when the door opened and Sam walked in. She flipped the page of her book.

"Yeah, well, we all know whose fault that is." Dean continues. "Well, I'm sorry, but it's true."

At the sound of the door slamming shut, Dean and Alexis both look over to see Sam. "I'll call you later. Bye." Dean hung up the phone as Sam walked toward him. 

"What's going on?" Sam asks. 

"Did you get the trunk packed up?" Dean counters. 

"Yeah, trunk's packed. Who was on the phone?" 

"Darlin', you wanna answer that?" Dean gave her a look. 

"Bobby." Alexis sighs. "And before you even say it, I only asked once."

"No, you aggressively whispered at me about a million times, asking who I was talking to." 

"Oh whatever." 

"And?" Sam asks Dean, cutting off the rest of that conversation. 

"Nothing." Dean turns back to him, shrugging his shoulders. 

"So, we're just gonna pretend I didn't hear what I just heard?" Sam questions. 

"Pretend or don't pretend. Whatever floats your boat." Dean turns, walking back to the window.

"This was supposed to be a fresh start, Dean." 

"Well, this is about as fresh as it gets." Dean grabs his jacket. "Now, we going or not?" 

After helping Alexis to her feet, Dean walked out the door. 

~~~

The three hunters were wandering around the wax museum. Dean stood in front of Abe Lincoln. He grabs the figures hat, putting it on. Sam, who was grabbing the small trash can, turns as Dean was fixing his jacket. 

Alexis crosses her arms over her chest, smiling as she shook her head. 

"Check it out." Dean says, his fingers curling around his jacket. "Four score and seven years ago I had a funny hat." Dean was imitating--or trying to imitate--Abraham Lincoln. 

Alexis laughs a little. "You're an idiot." She shakes her head, smiling.

"Dean." Sam complains. 

Dean took off the hat. "I can't have any fun with this?"

"Let's just torch the objects, torch the ghosts, get out of here, okay?" Sam set down the trash can and Dean dropped the hat inside. 

"I'll go grab East of Eden's keychain." Dean walks off, setting an arm around Alexis's shoulder as he passed by. 

"You're such a dork, you know that, right?" She asks, looking up at him as she leans into his side. 

~~~

Once hearing the sound of doors slamming shut only minutes after leaving Sam, Dean and Alexis quickly make their way back. Dean bursts through the doors with Alexis close behind him. 

"Dean." Sam calls out. 

"Is that Gandhi?" Dean asks, referring to the ghost that was currently trying to choke Sam.