Chapter Nineteen

Kaede POV

What is going on, I thought as I hide in a tree.

I looked down at my two passed out teammates before looking for who did this. We had been here for three days and we haven't even been able to get a scroll. Not only that but we kept getting attack whenever we thought it was safe to take a break.

I kept my weapons ready but didn't notice the attacks still around. I was going to prove that we wasn't weak just because this team was made of only girls. I heard a scream off in the distance.

I knew who that scream had belonged to even if I didn't hear it that often. It was Miki and it seemed like she was in trouble. I jumped down appearing next to my teammates as I moved them out of sight and view in case someone came to this area.

I left quickly so that I could get to Miki and see what happening. I knew that my team would be fine until I got back. I wouldn't have been able to take them with my anyways. I knew that if I could get Miki and her team to agree to work together that we would make it through the second exam.

I wasn't use to all the green that was around. I was use to rocks not trees. It made it harder for me move.

"Miki!" I shouted as appeared to find the girl standing over one of her teammates. "Are you okay?" I asked filling worried that she could be just as badly hurt as her two other teammates.

"Kaede, Shou he's hurt. You have to help him and Naoko." She said with a tired scared voice.

I felt a feeling of sadness and fear swell up in my stomach. I didn't know how to heal people. I didn't think that was something important to learn.

"I-i don't know how to." I said feeling said at that fact.

"Shou! Get up!" The girl shouted as she started to shake him.

Shou was from our village. I had came here to help but it seems like it was already too late. I couldn't help her. I was useless.

I watched as she shock him trying to wake him up. I notice all the blood that he had lost making me turn away and look for her other teammate Naoko. I spotted him not laying to far away in his own pile of blood.

I went to school with both of them. I knew both of them and grew up with them. I knew their families and was friends with them. I knew that they had to be dead and there was nothing that I could do.

Sorrow filled me. Why did we take this exam. It was to dangerous. I wondered how Mia's group was fairing.

"Shou! Naoko!" Miki voice cold sorrow as she cried out their names with tears running down her face.

How much longer was we going to be forced to go through this.