chapter five

Juliette

It's been a few days since the party, I've been at home mostly, but Mia has been seeing Milo a lot. The bartender we met at the party. She invited him over for dinner last night and I met him formally for the first time, he's pretty great.

Right now that's where she was, having dinner with Milo at some fancy restaurant. I'm happy for Mia.

My dad has been up my ass about giving him new updates. I keep telling him it's not the right time, and if he wants this plan to work, he is gonna have to be patient. I just need to get closer, I need a way to put me inside.

I called him last night and told him the only Information I really gathered from my time with them, "I don't know Dad, so far the only thing I know, is he's very loyal. His friends, who are also a part of his group, he cares for them. But they are always together Dad. There's no way you can get to one of them. I just need to find another way, just be patient with me."

I was standing on the balcony lost in thought, my dad has really been stressing me out, and I don't know what to do next.

Then, knocks.

I wasn't expecting anyone? I walked to my front door, and looked through the peephole before opening it, Vivian?

She was a mess. Her mascara running down her face, and she was just crying. I opened the door, and she just collapsed in my arms.

"Oh my god, Vivian! What's wrong?!" I fell to the ground with her, she just sunk into me. I pulled us further inside the apartment, and shut the door behind us.

"It's georg."

"What are you talking about? What happened?" I asked, she sat up and looked at me.

If Vivian really came all the way here, for comfort, she must have really thought of me as her friend, I know she told me she doesn't have a lot of female friends. So I'm gonna be here for her, she needs me right now. Forget the plan, and the pretending, I'm gonna be here for her now. She needs me.

"We can't find him, all that was left was a note on the front gate written in blood." She sobbed.

oh no. this is my fault, this was my dads doing. I told him the only thing I know Tom cares about right now, was his friends. They were practically his brothers.

I never thought I'd feel bad about this, but I feel terrible right now. Seeing what I did to Vivian? She's hysterical. My only job was to not get attached and help my dad kill all of them. How can I do that now?

"What did the note say?" I asked, taking her in my arms again. She pulled her phone out and showed me a photo of the note.

It read, I know more than you think, and soon I'll know everything.

Then attached, was a photo of Georg. She could barely hold the phone up she was so scared. I took the phone in my hand, and looked at it.

He was tied up in a chair, with tape over his mouth and a blindfold on. He had blood seeping through his shirt in spots, and blood drops coming down from his scalp.

God, please be okay. Please be alive. I can't live with this knowing this is my fault.

Then I noticed, the tiles.

the brick walls.

the metal chair.

and that black rope.

This is my dad's warehouse.

I can't stand seeing Vivian like this, if I can do anything to make this better. I'm gonna fucking do it, screw my dad. These are real people, not just business.