chapter fifty-five

Juliette

__

The sun leaks and creeps into the bedroom from the windows, shining right against Tom's sleepy face.

He's asleep, and I can't take my eyes off of him, I watch closely as his chest rises and falls in the same pattern.

All of his features are so soft, so pure, and innocent in the sunlight. I mean it when I say I could lay here forever and watch him sleep like this, but I have to get up. We have a busy day today.

Lucian is dead, and it only means chaos now. I've exposed his fraud, it was only a matter of time before his dirty work caught up with him.

I just made sure it happened sooner than he wanted it to.

I place a soft kiss on his cheek and then got out from the sheets and slowly sat up, stretching. Which felt amazing after my night.

Before Tom and I went to sleep last night, I went to the bathroom to sort of re-collect myself. My mind was completely racing all over the place, and it felt strange being back here again.

It felt strange just because I hadn't actually gotten used to living here again, but it felt like home. My family was here, and that's all I needed now.

I slowly walk into the bathroom, my eyes still somehow are not adjusted to the light yet. It was too bright, it became even more so when I turned on the bathroom light.

My hair is a mess, oh my god.

I brushed through my hair with my fingertips because I didn't have a brush here, and Tom didn't need one since his hair was in braids.

I'm not even sure anyone else is awake because it's so early, 7:38 am.

I'm not even completely sure why I'm awake at this hour. I never wake up this early.

I flipped off the light switch and saw Tom still sleeping, I quietly opened the bedroom door and shut it as quietly as I could after myself.

I walked down the hall and saw georgs bedroom door still closed, meaning he's probably still sleeping.

Gustav's door is shut. Always. Every time I walked past it it just didn't feel right. I don't think it'll ever be the same again.

And Bill's room is downstairs.

I walked down the stairs slowly and then I walked into the kitchen. Nobody is awake yet, I'm not surprised, to say the least.

I turned on the coffee machine and placed my cup underneath it, waiting for it to pour and fill.

Today is going to be a busy day and I'm dreading it. I have to talk to Mia and Vivian today and fill them in on everything.

And I need to talk to the leasing office at my building to end the lease. And I already know it's going to be a big deal since the lease isn't in my name, it's in my father's.

"Can I have a cup?"

I turn around towards the sound of the voice and Bill is standing there, half awake I'm sure. He's only wearing grey sweatpants and nothing else.