chapter eighteen

Juliette

My eyes flutter open, immediately greeted with the warmth of toms arms wrapped around my waist from behind me.

As much as I hate to say this, it felt good. Waking up next to Tom like this. I want so badly to turn around and look at him, but I don't want him to wake up.

I'm still wearing nothing except my underwear. The sun is barely coming out, we need to be leaving soon.

I began to slowly sit up, but his grip gets tighter, "not yet." Tom says in his raspy morning voice.

I smile to myself and lay back down, he pulls me closer and nudges his face deeper into my back.

"We should get up soon." I say to him.

"I know, just not yet." He replies.

Moments like this warmed me inside. Seeing Tom being so affectionate and so different from the way he was when I first met him.

He was shallow and rude. Now he's just the opposite, of course, that side of him still exists though. Like when he brought that girl over after shared our first kiss.

Whenever I think about that it still makes me mad.

I don't exactly know how this is all gonna work out, my father will be the death of me. I don't know how I'm gonna keep lying to him, and coming up with lies out of my ass for our weekly meetings.

Tom placed a gentle kiss on my shoulder and sat up, I turned around and his back looked like a piece of art.

So toned and tan.

He leaned over on the floor and grabbed his clothes and put them on. I sat up on my side of the bed and picked up my shirt, and threw it over my head onto me.

I couldn't see my pants anywhere, I stood up and walked around the bed, where the fuck are they?

"Here, Juliette." Tom said. I turned around and he was holding my pants with a smirk.

I took them and put them on. "Funny." I said and his smile grew wider.

"Where's my suitcase at?" I asked him as he stood up and walked towards the bathroom. "Downstairs in the living room." He said.

I left the room, and just as I shut the door behind me and turned to face back, Vivian was coming out of georgs room, she stood there and she smiled at me.

"I knew it!" She said. I smiled back and walked towards her, we started walking towards the stairs together.

"Vivian, please don't say anything." I pleaded and she laughed. I smiled.

"Your dirty little secret is safe with me." She said and put her hand over her heart. We laughed and then I walked to the living room, where my suitcase was so I put it by the door and walked into the kitchen with Vivian. Gustav was also there.

"Want some coffee?" Gustav asked as he handed Vivian one. I nodded and smiled.

He turned around and began making one for me, "It sucks we're already going back home." Vivian said between sips of her coffee.

I sort of feel like it's my fault that we're leaving already. Sort of. I know we weren't originally planning to be here for like a long time, but still.

"I know." I said, Bill walked into the kitchen. He smiled and went to the fridge. "Good morning Bill." I said to him and smiled.

"Good morning Juliette, how did you guys sleep?" He asked. "Great." I said.

He sat down and began eating cereal. We would be leaving for the airport soon, Tom is still in the shower probably.

"Here Juliette." Gustav said holding a coffee cup out. I got up and walked over, and took the cup in my hands, and smiled at him.