서른 - his jacket

Mingyu's pov:
"Hey, are you okay?" Y/n asked softly.
I glanced at her briefly and then looked away. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said curtly.
"Did something happen?" She pressed.
I sighed and rolled my eyes. "No, nothing happened. Can you just drop it?"
"Mingyu, why are you acting like this all of a sudden?"
"Your just annoying, I don't know why I asked you to come to this trip. Everything is irritating me right now, your presence, your—".

Suddenly I felt a soft pair of lips on my cheek.
I was shocked and stopped talking.
I turned my head and saw y/n looking at me with a shy smile looking up at me with her doe eyes.
Did she just kiss me?

"Sorry, I just wanted you to shut your mouth for a second."
She said softly.

"Wh-what was that?" I stammered, trying to sound calm. She shrugged and looked away.
"I don't know. I just felt like it."

"You just felt like it?" I repeated incredulously.

"Yeah, so what? It's not like it means anything." She said casually.

I clenched my jaw and gripped the steering wheel. How could she be so nonchalant about it? She just kissed me, and now she acted like it was nothing. Like I was nothing.

"It doesn't mean anything to you?" I asked, feeling a pang of hurt in my chest.

She shook her head and sighed. "No, Mingyu, it doesn't. Why would it? We're not friends, we're not lovers, we're not even colleagues at this point. We're just...stuck together for this stupid trip. Am I right?"

I felt a wave of anger wash over me. But she was wrong about one thing. That kiss...it weirdly made me feel something I hadn't felt in a long time. Something warm, something sweet, something...real.

And as much as I hated to say this I wanted more.

I pulled over to the side of the road and turned off the engine. I looked at her with a serious expression.
"Get out." I said firmly.
She blinked and frowned. "What?"
"Get out of the car." I repeated.
"Why?" She asked, confused.
"Because I will want to kiss you." I said bluntly.

She stared at me for a few seconds, as if trying to figure out if I was joking or not. Then slowly unbuckled her seat belt and opened the door. She stepped out of the car and closed the door behind her, looking at me through the window before slowly starting to walk away.

"Ugh Mingyu, I can't believe you are going to do this" I cursed under my breath gripping onto the steering wheel before hastily opening the door to my car.
I quickly ran towards her and pulled her arm towards me. She backed away, a little confused. I reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to me.
"what are you doing?" She asked, trying to sound calm.

I didn't answer. I just leaned in and pressed my lips against hers. She gasped and tried to push me away, but I wrapped my arms around her waist and deepened the kiss. She resisted for a moment, then gave in and kissed me back.

I felt a surge of emotion in my chest. I kissed her with all the passion and frustration that I had been holding back for so long. I kissed her like I wanted to make her mine. After a while, I felt her pull away from me staring at me with confusion. "M-mingyu, what was that—". I slowly stepped back as I brushed my hand through my hair.
"I-I am sorry." I said before quickly getting into my car. "What the fuck was that." I questioned myself before looking at her one last time and driving off immediately.

Y/n's pov:
I stood there in shock. I touched my lips, still feeling the warmth of his kiss. What just happened? Why did he kiss me? And why did I kiss him back?

I felt a mix of emotions in my heart. I felt angry, confused, and strangely...happy. Happy that he kissed me, that he showed me some affection, that he made me feel something.