2O

Jihyo stood up with curlers on her head. She looked at the time and realized it was five to four. Nayeon had probably forgotten her keys. She put on her nightgown and sighed as she walked to the front door. They knocked again, all while Jieun was fast asleep in her soundproofed room. The maid opened the door silently and, given the poor lighting, she did not immediately recognize the figure.

-Miss, what are you doing here at this hour?

-Good morning Jihyo.

-Good morning... At four in the morning.

-I apologize for the time. I came for my sister.

-Miss Tzuyu is not here, I'm sorry.

-Oh... Could I talk to Nayeon? I'm worried.

-Miss Nayeon is not here. You can try calling her.

-Thank you. Good night.

Jeongyeon turned around and Jihyo closed the door. The girl walked to the elevator and called Minhyuk, who answered in a sleepy voice.

-Jeong... Did something happen?

-That sl*t...

-Which one are you talking about now?

-Nayeon, who?

Minhyuk sat up on his bed. -What-

-She's not at her house.

-How do you know it?

-I came to check.

-You say she slept at D.O.?- Minhyuk asked worried.

-Why are you so worried? Weren't you with a girl before?

-Yes, I was. And we will meet again.
But... I'm confused about D.O.'s intentions.- Jeongyeon got into her car and left for her house. -You, rather, why so much interest? Weren't you supposed to be with the club girl?

-She didn't come, otherwise I would never have come here for Nayeon.

-Why were you at her house?

-Do you understand what the entrance of D.O. in the family would symbolize? Jieun would definitely want him as the agency's lawyer. I can't leave the agency in the hands of just any idiot.

-Well yes, it would be a drama. Where are you now?

-I'm coming home.

-See you in a few hours. I'm going back to sleep.

-Yes goodnight.

The fresh New York wind blew in the hair of the driving girl, whose gaze was focused despite the late hour. She turned on the radio to stay awake. Yes, she could have driven her own chauffeur, but she had fired him and was looking for another. Once she arrived, after parking the car, she went up to the apartment she shared with Tzuyu and slammed the door once she entered. Her sister would have slept even with cannon fire, and indeed she was sleeping. She threw herself on the sofa and closed her eyes.

-Ah... It's you.- Jeongyeon opened her eyes and whirled around. -You gave me a stroke. I thought you weren't coming back.

-What are you doing here?

-I should ask you the same question. Weren't you busy?

-She was busy.- Jeongyeon justified herself.

-And your thousand girls?

-They didn't suit me tonight.

-You didn't like them? What are they, food?

Jeongyeon shrugged. -Why are you at my house? I thought you were staying with D.O.

Nayeon walked in front of Jeongyeon and sat next to her. She was wearing one of Tzuyu's short pajamas and she was wearing a see-through robe, which let her legs show through.

-Already on the first night? Obviously you don't know me.

A few hours before

-We have arrived. I hope you like it.-said D.O. in front of a fancy restaurant.

The two began to walk and sat down at the table reserved for Do. They ordered and then fell silent. They had a lot to say to each other but also too little. They hadn't seen each other for a long time but didn't know each other much.

-What have you done in the last few years?- he decided to break the ice.

-Not very much. I mainly managed the agency. You?

-I graduated from Seoul International University with honors, became a successful lawyer there and married my boss's daughter but... You already know how it turned out. Just think... We were expecting a child but then... I found out it wasn't mine.

-I am sorry.

-Don't worry, really. But she broke my heart. I really wanted to have a child. Hope is pleasant but illusion... It's the worst of emotions.

-I agree.- Nayeon looked down. -You know, it never worked out between me and Minhyuk but... He was my best friend, yet he preferred to lie to me instead of simply telling me that he wanted another girl.

-How can someone cheat on someone like you?

Nayeon smiled. -How can anyone harm a human being in general?

-We have so much in common.

-What? Being cheated on?

The boy laughed. -Not only. Believe me, we have much more in common.-he told her placing his hands on Nayeon's right one.

They talked about this and that, nothing interesting enough to bother the narrator to make something up, and then D.O. drove her home. Nayeon went to Tzuyu's, who was hungry for gossip.

-Spill the tea, sis.- It was the first thing the Latina said to her as soon as she saw her friend.

Nayeon told everything and Tzuyu persisted with the idea that D.O. was hooking up with her and asked her what she thought. Nayeon again stated that she was confused but to be honest she would rather stop being confused and D.O. would have been perfect to help her with that.