49

Jeongyeon returned home and Nayeon suddenly felt happy. She went down in the hope of having a chat with the girl, but found someone else with her. She stood transfixed, looking first at Jeongyeon and then at the woman in front of her.

-Nayeon, I think I need to talk to you.

-I don't want to.

-Jeongyeon, can you leave us alone?-Jieun asked her.

-No, Jeongyeon, stay here.

-I was a terrible mother. I only wanted the best for you but I didn't realize that I was becoming like my mother. You always had to be perfect, with the perfect hair, the perfect dress and the perfect husband...

-Save the movie scenes and talk to me about him, about your lover.

-I would have told you about him, I swear, I just didn't know how. You know that I was forced into a marriage I didn't want.

-Yes, you didn't love dad, I know.

-But I loved him, he was my closest friend. When I met Joseph I was already married but I was so young. If only I had waited a few more years...

-I wouldn't have been born.

-It's the only thing that makes me happy about the fact that I didn't wait. Your father agreed: I would have had my life, he would have had his, but his parents, your grandparents, would not. So Joseph and I broke up, then your father's condition worsened and when he died I didn't feel like calling him back. I couldn't... Your grandmother had been clear with me: I had to pay respect to her deceased son and your father. And, above all, she would have taken away your entire inheritance. But lately I needed the money for the debt issue, so I called him. And... Wouldn't you go back to your first love if he reappeared after twenty years? I waited too long.

-I need time to process everything.

-I understand. And... I'm sorry if I may have made you feel uncomfortable in any way about Jeongyeon but... She reminded me so much of Joseph. I'm leaving. Thank you for listening to me and, whenever you want, the doors of your house will always be open. That will always be just your home, mine and your father's. I'm sorry I tried to get you to marry Dylan. I understand that he is not the man for you. Whoever you decide to marry, I will be happy, even if he happens to be a driver.

-Thank you, I appreciate it.

-Bye.

-Bye.

Jieun left the house, leaving Nayeon and Jeongyeon alone in that living room. Tzuyu had gone out to lunch with Sana and she hadn't returned yet.

-You told me you talked to D.O.-Nayeon interrupted the silence. -Do you think I could call him now?

Jeongyeon looked at her for a few seconds. -Are you still in love with him?

-I think I feel something strong.

-Then call him. I'm convinced he's waiting for your call.

Nayeon smiled. -Thank you for talking to him.

-No problem.- she said and then went upstairs.

Nayeon had made her decision: stop fooling herself, she had to go to someone who really loved her and who she liked. She took out her phone and made the fateful call.

🫧

-Huh!?- Tzuyu exclaimed when Nayeon told her about D.O.

-Yes, and now I have to be quick. See you tonight at nine.

-Yes, go get ready.

While Nayeon went to Tzuyu's bathroom, the Latina left her and went to her sister's room. She opened the door violently.

-Tzu? What's up?

-You're an idiot!- she shouted at her.

-To what do I owe so much affection?

-Tonight you will lose her forever. Stop being such a d*ck and get her now while you have the chance. Put that stupid pride aside if you don't want to suffer for the rest of your life. Because sooner or later she will be happy with D.O. and the only one who will suffer will be you.

-Tzuyu, leave her alone.

-Leave her alone!? You two love each other! She loves you and you love her! I know it, Minhyuk knows it, Sana knows it, all your employees know it, the walls know it, everyone knows it! You know it too but you don't want to admit it because of your stupid pride! Now stop wasting time. Tonight is your last chance. When she will set foot out of the house you will have lost her forever. This time for real. Listen, I'll go out with Sana and tell Minhyuk not to come home. Make your decision, but think about it carefully. Not everything always goes the way you want, not all girls always fall at your feet again.

The Latina walked out of the room, leaving Jeongyeon alone. She shouted at Nayeon that she was going out with Sana and then she left without even changing.

for one minute i missed my buss, so i took another one
it got stopped by the police
how many times does it happen!?

I'm only on the second day and already a crush
Ah... Why am I like this?
okay, I already saw them/her/him yesterday, it's true!