~**Babydoll**~

Time was really flying by; most days I was so busy I didn't have time to think about my situation or how it looked for a 15-year-old to live at a strip club. No one knew my true age, not even Nicoli and we worked hard to keep it that way too. It was a little harder when I first got to the ranch because I just looked so young, but after a few months of being in the bunny room I made some changes to my appearance to ensure that I fit in and that no one would question my age again. The changes really worked too, the customers thought I was a completely new girl which made my earnings go up too. Most waitresses didn't make as much as dancers, but I made more than what the average waitress did which helped me to get stuff that I needed. Not that the money really mattered given my family situation, but it helped a little. I spent my first Christmas away from my family and I really didn't know how to deal with it. All I wanted to do was stay in my newly renovated room, watch tv, pig out. But of course, they wouldn't let that happen, nope they dragged me out and made me forget that I was all alone on my favorite holiday. After that things picked back up again and I was yet again so busy that I almost forgot to call and check in with Cecilla. When we separated that day, we made an agreement that I'd call her every few months to let her know that I was ok. I couldn't mail her anything because then they'd have the address but an occasional phone call was good for us. I decided to call when I knew her husband wouldn't be around to listen in or try and figure out where I was. Even though he was younger he still had the same mentality as my father did and I just knew if he found out where I was, he'd open his big mouth and tell. Ceci knew it too which is why she never said anything to anyone as to how I got out of New Mexico and where I've been at for the last 10 months either.

I let out a deep breath as the phone rang, before hearing her voice. Bueno! Ceci! Oh my god Lizzy are you ok? I am fine. You were supposed to call me months ago. I know I just got caught up with work and stuff. Work and stuff. What does that mean? How is mami! Mami is ok I guess, I haven't been able to see her to much cause papi has lost it, he keeps them in the house all the time and they can't leave unless they leave with him. He thinks that something is going to happen to them. What would happen to them? Who knows, when they couldn't find you, word got around that you'd been kidnapped by the cartel. Kidnapped by the cartel. Ceci that don't even make sense. It got them off your scent so you could get settled in. Wait, you started the rumor? I am not proud of it, but yes, I did, I needed them to stop putting money into looking for you, when you were already safe and sound out of the state. What did papi say? What could he say he owes his friend money. He's still looking for that money. Ugh yeah, he owes him $15k he's going to be looking for him till he gets his money. That's so sad. Tell me about it. Is your husband around? Nope he's at work till 9 and the baby is playing with his toys. How is my nephew? He's good, he misses his Tia but I tell him all the time that you love him. I do love him and miss him so much. How are you Lizzy, like for real? I am good, like really good. You still at that hotel? No, I left there months ago, I am somewhere new now. Somewhere new, where are you Lizzy? Las Vegas proper. I am at a...I am in a group home setting. Group home! It's a club. What kind of club Elizabeth?

Crap when she calls me by my full name, I already know I am in trouble. A strip club Ceci. The phone went silent for a minute before she spoke again. They have you dancing in a club. No, no I don't dance I am waitressing right now and they're giving me room and board as well as getting paid. And what about school? I am still going to school too; in fact, I just bought a computer so that I can have better access to the internet for my classes. They bought you a computer for your schooling. No, I bought it on my own and I've started a savings and checking account as well. I wanted to send mami some money but I know it will only cause problems. Yeah, it will, you know papi controls every dime in that house. I know but I am saving and as soon as I turn 18, I am coming back for mami and my family. I can't even be mad right now because I told you go to somewhere safe. The women here are really nice and the owner is looking out for me. A man. No, a woman. I mean it's owned by a man, but his wife is taking care of me. She even took me on a trip to California a few months ago. What did yall do? Everything! We went shopping, out to eat, to the museums, and the beach was like a family vacation. And Christmas, Ceci was so nice, she had dinner catered for us and she bought us all gifts as well. Wow it sounds like you're happy. I am and I am safe so you don't have to worry as much. I'll always worry about you. I have a stable place to stay and a phone number and address, whenever you need me just let me know. I got an email address now so I'll email you more to make sure you're good. Sounds like plan I said smiling to myself. Ceci, please tell mami I am safe. I will! The phone went silent for a moment because we both knew that we had to hang up but we didn't want to. You should get going before Armando comes home. Yeah, I should. Know that I love you so much. Love you too, and when I finish with high school, I'll send you a copy of my diploma. Please do that. Bye Lizzy, Bye Ceci I said hanging up the phone. I let out a deep breath before putting the phone back on the hook. I didn't speak to my family often because of the tense situation, but when I do it always makes me feel a certain way to know that I couldn't be there with them for the holidays, birthdays...damn my birthday is coming up soon and I won't even be able to spend it with my family.