Tyra "Venus" Jones

"It's not what you know but you know, and I can take you to the top!"

"Tyra! You have a call! A call, who is calling me? It's probably that fast ass girl from down the street I told you about her calling my house. She's 21 is she really a little girl? I don't know you tell me how she's 21 with 3 kids already. Ok Aunty I'll be there in a minute. More like a few seconds cause I am hanging up the phone in 2.5 seconds if you don't take the call. Ugh I got it" I said taking the phone from her before she hung up on whoever it was on the phone. I can't wait till I get enough money to get out of this house, cause I am sick of her attitude and her bipolar episodes. I took the plate out of the microwave real quick before seeing who was on the phone. Hello! Tyra girl I've been looking all over for you. Lola! Yes, girl it's me and I am gonna ignore the comment your aunt made about me and my kids. You heard that! Couldn't help but hear it she was yelling in the damn phone. And you can tell her all my baby daddies take care of their kids. I'll be sure to let her know I said laughing a little bit.

So, what's up girl why you been looking for me? I've been looking for you for days where you been at? Working the graveyard shift at the plant and dealing with these crazy people I live with. I don't even know why you are staying there when you know you could have stayed with me. Stayed with you and your 3 kids, granny, little sister, mama, and daddu please tell me where I am supposed to sleep at? Haha you don't have to be rude! I am sorry girl but it's the truth. Whatever that ain't why called you, I called because I got a job! Where! Vegas! Vegas as in Las Vegas, Nevada! Yes, that Vegas! And what about your kids you taking your kids to Vegas? Not initially I am gonna go get set up first and then send for them. Wait what kind of job did you get in Vegas. Don't do that! Do what I am just asking. Act as if I don't have any skills or that I am stupid. I am very smart. You just make bad decisions! And you don't? Ok we're not going to fight Lola, you excited about the job. Yes, I am, and I was hoping that my best friend would come with me. Come with you to Vegas? Yes, you ain't never been out of Michigan and your too young to stuck in that house with that old battle axe and them bad butt kids. It's family Lola, I know you can understand that. I do understand that, but you are 20 years old not 50 its time for you to start living life and stop taking care of others. What I am supposed to just leave my mom, she needed me. She did and now God rest her soul she's gone to glory and in peace I doubt she'd want you to be living like you are. It's just...it's just that you are comfortable. And you need to get out of that, you are too young to be doing this. I bit my lip thinking about what she was saying. I mean I know I need a change, but I just don't want to take a step that will end up with me in jail or in the grave. When are you leaving? 3 weeks I head, if you go with me, we can get a place I watched as my aunt light her cigarette before answering here, I am in that gives me time to putting my notice and take care of some stuff. That's my girl! Alright I'll hit you up tomorrow, so we can talk deets. Cool, I'll talk to you then, I said before hanging up the phone.

As much as I didn't want to admit Lola was right it was time for me to go. I'd been holding on for 3 years since my momma died from breast cancer and big momma from a rare condition she developed from working at the oil refinery company for so many years. It'd always been my job to take care of them, so with them gone I don't know what to with myself. I moved in with my aunt to try and help her with her kids, but that ain't working out to well for me 5 people in a 3-bedroom apartment is crowded to say the least. It's the primary reason why I choose to work the night shift, that way I can sleep during the day when all of them were gone to school and work. Well let me rephrase that they should be at school and work. My aunt is different story, most of the time she's cool and we get along, until she has one of her episodes where she goes zero to a hundred in a matter of minutes. That's when it gets real, and I have to step back and think do I really need to be in this situation? Do I really have to be in Detroit when I had numerous outs? I wasn't dumb, I did fairly well in school and was able to attend 2 years of college, before I had to stop to get a job and help mom pay bill and take care of the house.