Fourteen- Varia

Hibari and Dino stood on the roof of the school. "Hey Kyoya, before we fight today, I want to talk about the ring." Dino said.

"I'm not interested in anything other than biting you to death." Hibari said.

"Geez, you're so troublesome." Dino sighed.

"Hey. If you don't fight me seriously," Hibari took out the ring. "I'll throw this ring away."

"What?!" Dino shouted. "Wait! Geez, you bastard." He muttered. "Fine. How about a trade?" He asked. "If I win, then you have to be a part of Tsuna's family."

~~~

Days passed, Basil helped Tsuna with his training, since he was well enough. Gokudera's home tutor turned out to be Dr Shamal, and Dino turned out to be tutoring Hibari. Hinata wished him all the best, and hoped that he wouldn't end up dying in the process. Yamamoto was always practicing his sword skills in the dojo, and Hinata often went to watch him practice.

One day, while Yamamoto was finishing up from practice, he received a call. "Hello?" He said. His eyes widened as he listened to the message. "I'll be right there!" He said, hanging up. He grabbed his sword, running out.

"Eh? Takeshi?! Where are you going?" Hinata shouted.

"Someone's about to get attacked!" He yelled.

"Wait up!" She shouted, running after him. She grabbed her pair of fingerless gloves, putting them on. They seemed to help lessen the pain in her knuckles after a fight, so...

They ran in the dark, to where the caller had said it would happen. "Sasagawa Ryohei is here!" They heard someone shout. They turned the corner, seeing Ryohei and the others.

Yamamoto looked up. "Above!" He said, leaping up, slashing one of the enemies. Hinata ran to Fuuta,Lambo and I-pin. "Come here!" She called, carrying Lambo. "Hinata!" Yamamoto shouted. She looked up. Another enemy flew in her direction, but several sticks of dynamite stopped him in his tracks as Gokudera ran up. "Tenth!" He called.

"We did it!" Ryohei cheered.

"Guys!" Tsuna called, running up.

"Long time no see, Tsuna." Hinata grinned. Lambo squirmed in her grasp. "I'm hungry~~~" he whined.

"Baka." She said, punching his head lightly. "What were they targeting you for anyway?"

"Lambo is the guardian of thunder, and has the ring of thunder." Reborn said.

"What?!" Hinata shouted. "You gave a five year old that thing?!" She looked down. The ring glinted from in his thick afro. "And to think he kept in there..." She muttered.

"I don't understand either! Why would such an idiot get a ring..." Gokudera growled.

"They're much weaker than I thought though." Ryohei said, looking at the fallen enemies. "It was an easy victory!"

"You're thinking too easily. They're just the underlings. The really scary ones are-" his head snapped up. "He's coming!" Reborn said.

A man with pointy black hair appeared on top of the wall in front of them. "So, you're the ones who did that." He said. "My opponent who wields the ring of thunder is the kid with the perm." Lambo gulped, clinging to Hinata. He drew his weapons. "If you interrupt, I'll eliminate you all." He said.

Hinata glared at him, holding Lambo tightly. Yamamoto stood next to her, glaring up at him, assuming a fighting stance. Ryohei and Gokudera looked ready for a fight too. Tsuna looked around nervously.

"Hold it, Levi!" Someone shouted. Six more figures landed next to him. "Don't hunt them all down yourself." A man said.

"W-wah?! This many?!!" Tsuna gulped.

"HEY!!" A familiar voice shouted. Squalo. "How dare you trick me, you piece of trash!!" He shouted. Yamamoto's and Gokudera's expression darkened at the sight of him. "Which one of you has the ring of rain?!" He shouted.

"I do." Yamamoto said.

Squalo smirked. "Oh, it's you. I'll slice you up in three seconds. Three seconds." He promised.

Someone stepped forward, a man with scars. "There he is." Reborn muttered. "I thought that the day when I would see him again would ever come." He said.

"Xanxus."

He glared at Tsuna. "Sawada Tsunayoshii." His expression was one of pure fury. "Die." He said.

"Hold it, Xanxus." Someone shouted. "That's enough." He came into view. "I'll take things from here." Sawada Iemitsu said.

"D-Dad?!" Tsuna shouted.

"Iemitsu!" Xanxus cursed.

"You..what are you doing here?!" Squalo shouted.

Iemitsu glanced at Squalo. "Xanxus. Is one of your minions planning to lift a sword up against me, the outside advisor?" He said, looking at Xanxus. Xanxus glared daggers at him. "I have with me, direct orders from the ninth." Iemitsu said, tossing one of the two scrolls in his hand to Xanxus. The other scroll, he handed to Basil, who handed it to Tsuna. He unrolled the scroll. A dying will flame marked the top of the paper.

"That's the ninth's stamp of the dying will flame. There's no doubt about it. These are direct orders from the ninth."

"It's written in Italian..." Tsuna said.

Iemitsu sighed. "Loosely translated, this is what it says. 'For the choosing of the heir of vongole, Iemitsu and I originally agreed that Iemitsu's son, Sawada Tsunayoshii would be the next leader of the vongole. However, recently, I've decided against my original decision, and have chosen a more suitable heir, my son, Xanxus, is the one worthy of being the true tenth. But there will be people who aren't satisfied with the change. Currently, Iemitsu refused the offer to give Xanxus the rings. Thus, to solve the problem, we shall start the traditional vongole battle to satisfy everyone." He said. "So, this is what it means,"

"Those who wield the same kind of ring, will fight in a one on one battle."

"What?!" Tsuna shouted. "A one on one battle?!"

"Yes." Iemitsu said. "It's also said to wait for further instructions."

"Thank you for waiting." Two women leapt into view. Their faces were hidden by masks. "In this scramble battle for the rings, we will serve as the judges." One of them said. She held up a parchment, with the same dying will flame on it. "We are the Cervello organisation, serving directly under the ninth. Please consider our decisions regarding the scramble battle as the ninth's decision."

"In this battle, the one who is truly worthy to wield the ring will prove it with their lives." She continued. "The location is namimori junior high at midnight. Further details will be told later. We shall await you at eleven pm tomorrow night at namimori junior high. Goodbye."