Sixteen- confession :)

It was the second night, past two in the morning. Hinata was asleep, the thunder and lightning not bothering her sleep.  

Suddenly, her phone rang. 

She groaned, cursing mentally. She rolled over, reaching out for it. "What the crap do you want?" She said into the phone. 

"Hinata! Lambo has-" 

She shot out of bed instantly, getting dressed. "I'll be right there!" She said into the phone. 

~~~ 

A few minutes later, she ran into the hospital, her raincoat soaking wet. She shrugged it off quickly, flipping out her phone. She speed dialled the number. "C'mon, pick up!" She muttered, stuffing the raincoat into a bag. "Takeshi! Where are you guys?" She asked. 

"Third floor, room 319." He said. 

"Got it." she hung up, pressing the lift. 

A few minutes later, she made it to the room, panting. Yamamoto and the others were waiting in the room, looking serious. "Wh-?" Her eyes froze on Lambo. He was lying on the bed, and there was an oxygen mask over his face. "What happened?" She asked, tossing her bag onto the chair. "On second thought, don't tell me." 

"Hinata, we leave him in your care!" Tsuna said, leaving with Ryohei and Gokudera. Yamamoto pulled up a chair, sitting down. 

"Aren't you going back?" Hinata asked. "I can take care of him myself." 

"I know that." He said. "But it's not him I'm worried about. It's you." 

She looked at him. "What do you mean?" She asked. 

"You've been avoiding me all day." He said. 

"Did it ever occur to you that I did it because I'm not in the mood to talk to you?" She asked. "Because I'm not." 

Yamamoto sighed. "Tsuna lost his ring tonight." He said. 

"What?" Hinata asked. "But, wasn't tonight's fight for the Guardian of the lightning ring?"  

"Lambo was getting beaten to death. Tsuna couldn't let him die like that!"  

Hinata sighed, sitting down. "So, we've lost?" She asked glumly. 

"Not yet." He said. "Apparently, Xanxus wants the battles to continue. If we win the remaining rings, then he'll give up the vongole title." 

"It sounds like a trick though.." Hinata muttered. She yawned. "I need sleep." She said. "Could you watch Lambo for a while?" 

He smirked. "I knew you'd say that." He said. 

She scoffed. "So?" She said, lying down on the sofa. "Wake me up later." She ordered, closing her eyes to sleep. 

He sighed. "You were supposed to look after him, not me." He said. 

~~~ 

It was noon, and Yamamoto had left earlier to practice. Hinata looked at the unconscious kid on the bed. "Damn, Reborn....what were you thinking?" She murmured. Sending a small kid to fight a man from the mafia! It was crazy! 

"Oh, Hinata-chan!" Mama called. (Tsuna's mom) 

"Hello, auntie!" Hinata smiled. 

"Hinata-chan, do you know what happened to Lambo here?" She asked, sitting by his bed. 

"Well, it seems like his umbrella was struck by lightning yesterday, then he rolled down a hill." She recited the story that Yamamoto had told her. She couldn't possibly tell her that he'd been involved in a fight with the mafia, could she?